All reviews double tree warm cookies great hotel breakfast buffet fitness center karma restaurant wedding reception business stay attached restaurant excellent stay bed was very comfortable stay at this hotel again rooms were very clean vernon hills pleasant stay business center would definitely stay here again
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Personable staff, fantastic beds and pillows - super clean and quiet. Would definitely stay there again. Front desk asked if we were there on business and pleasure and I mentioned both and that our anniversary was next week. When we got back to the hotel, there was a note from the hotel wishing us a Happy Anniversary and a beautiful fruit and cheese tray. Will be back in the area again next month or so and will definitely stay there!

Only thing stopping us from giving it 5 stars - there was a wedding going on Fri & Sat, and parking was terrible - hotel should have some parking designated for registered hotel guests.

Room tip: We were on the 3rd floor, no noise, and really quiet.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Anniversary Couple,

Congratulations on another year of marriage. We are honored that you celebrated at our establishment, and that we were able to contribute a positive memory to your life together.

Parking is something that we are continually working on, and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

We hope to see you in the near future, if you haven't returned already.

KIP

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was in town on business, and this hotel was perfect for my needs. However, if you are looking for a hotel near the town-center or shopping, it might not the best place for you.

I loved the soft bed and large flat-screen TV, the shower was great also. The hotel has a small but modern and functional fitness center.

Overall, this hotel is clean, comfortable and modern, but just a notch or two below fancy. Thumbs up!

Date of stay: March 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. As the title of your response states, I am glad we were able to give you - "exactly what you needed."

Although we are 2.7 miles from the shopping mall, we do have shuttle service that runs on weekdays to nearby areas. We look forward to your return in the future.

Also, I will be sure to read this response to our housekeeping team, to thank them for the hard work they put into the property daily.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel lobby is very warm and inviting. The room was very comfortable. My reserved room was not ready and I had to either wait or accept a different quality room. My key did not work, however, the service was efficient in resolving this issue. The food is extremely good. Recommend.

Dear John,

I am so pleased to see your positive review posted. Thank you for taking the time to write feedback that informs others the type of experience they can expect when visiting our Chicagoland property. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your key and the room not being ready upon your arrival, however from your response, it appears that my team was able to handle this situation effectively. I will be sure to compliment them on their efforts. We look forward to inviting you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Hotel is situated nicely to many conveniences. Nice lobby and restaurant, plus a friendly staff. Overall a good stay though I thought the furniture was a bit outdated and could have been more in line with the rest of the hotel.

Thank Jill M. B
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel in Mundelein. Our service team will take great joy in learning that they impacted another guest in a positive way!

We are constantly updating our look for our guests, as we recently completed a bathroom renovation for all of our guestrooms.

We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and would stay again. I have stayed at the Doubletree before and was very satisfied so we chose thie chain again. There are no complaints on our part and we hope to have others experience the comfort that we did.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Our leadership team takes great pride in our traveler experience and our Director of Housekeeping has worked tirelessly for the past 16 years, making a huge impact in the hotel as we are one of the cleanest properties within the brand.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!