“Exactly What I Needed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
Seattle, Washington
“Exactly What I Needed”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was in town on business, and this hotel was perfect for my needs. However, if you are looking for a hotel near the town-center or shopping, it might not the best place for you.

I loved the soft bed and large flat-screen TV, the shower was great also. The hotel has a small but modern and functional fitness center.

Overall, this hotel is clean, comfortable and modern, but just a notch or two below fancy. Thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. As the title of your response states, I am glad we were able to give you - "exactly what you needed."

Although we are 2.7 miles from the shopping mall, we do have shuttle service that runs on weekdays to nearby areas. We look forward to your return in the future.

Also, I will be sure to read this response to our housekeeping team, to thank them for the hard work they put into the property daily.

Kip Stehling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Saint Louis, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel lobby is very warm and inviting. The room was very comfortable. My reserved room was not ready and I had to either wait or accept a different quality room. My key did not work, however, the service was efficient in resolving this issue. The food is extremely good. Recommend.

Dear John,

I am so pleased to see your positive review posted. Thank you for taking the time to write feedback that informs others the type of experience they can expect when visiting our Chicagoland property. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your key and the room not being ready upon your arrival, however from your response, it appears that my team was able to handle this situation effectively. I will be sure to compliment them on their efforts. We look forward to inviting you back in the near future.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Hotel is situated nicely to many conveniences. Nice lobby and restaurant, plus a friendly staff. Overall a good stay though I thought the furniture was a bit outdated and could have been more in line with the rest of the hotel.

Thank Jill M. B
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Jill,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to our hotel in Mundelein. Our service team will take great joy in learning that they impacted another guest in a positive way!

We are constantly updating our look for our guests, as we recently completed a bathroom renovation for all of our guestrooms.

We hope to see you in the future!

Elmwood Park, il, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and would stay again. I have stayed at the Doubletree before and was very satisfied so we chose thie chain again. There are no complaints on our part and we hope to have others experience the comfort that we did.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Our leadership team takes great pride in our traveler experience and our Director of Housekeeping has worked tirelessly for the past 16 years, making a huge impact in the hotel as we are one of the cleanest properties within the brand.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I come here every year and I am never disappointed. They are always very nice when me I check in and always have a room that accommodates my preferences. The rooms are big and clean which is very nice when you have driven so far and want to just relax. The front desk clerk always gives great recommendations for restaurants. I haven't tried Karma yet but I plan on trying it this year when I am there. Like I said before, I come here every year and I wouldn't ever pick a different hotel to stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Justin,

Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate the time taken to recognize the efforts our team takes in order for our guests to have an enjoyable experience.

Best Regards,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The rooms are nice and clean and the Karma restaurant has good food. However, there is a severe lack of customer service. They are not as welcoming as they should be. Also, essential services such as the computer and printer in the business office do not work. The shuttle service is not very flexible for anything other than business and the hotel temperature is too hot every where outside the rooms. Over all I slept well, but the staff were sub par. I will not be coming back.

1 Thank Shawn H
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Shawn,

Thank you for providing feedback. Customer Service is the most important part of what we do and why our overall reviews are what they are. We are in the process of retraining our team as we have had a recent change in leadership. I would love to invite you back to the property and ensure that you were taken care of, personally. Feel free to contact me directly - kip.stehling@hilton.com.

Ashland, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Can't turn on the shower without getting in the shower and getting cold and wet - I'm 5'10" and my arms are normal length but I couldn't get close to the shower handle to turn it on - and the shower head had almost no travel to avoid getting cold and wet. This is simply a design flaw - aesthetics over functionality! The facility is otherwise OK - but it should be for the cost!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Mark D
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We did just go through a renovation of the bathrooms, and I understand your difficulty with the showerhead. The bathroom layout was difficult to implement with the original design of the property and placement of the pipes. Our housekeeping team does their best to angle the showerhead away from the entry door. I will ensure we revisit this process with our team. If there is any other feedback that you could provide, I would be happy to address personally - kip.stehling@hilton.com

Kip Stehling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mundelein
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein? Share your experiences!