All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesbreakfast buffetgreat hotelkarma restaurantfitness centerbusiness stayattached restaurantvernon hillsroom was spaciousexcellent staybusiness centerstaff was friendlyweddinglibertyvilleaccommodationschicago
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and would stay again. I have stayed at the Doubletree before and was very satisfied so we chose thie chain again. There are no complaints on our part and we hope to have others experience the comfort that we did.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for your positive review. Our leadership team takes great pride in our traveler experience and our Director of Housekeeping has worked tirelessly for the past 16 years, making a huge impact in the hotel as we are one of the cleanest properties within the brand.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I come here every year and I am never disappointed. They are always very nice when me I check in and always have a room that accommodates my preferences. The rooms are big and clean which is very nice when you have driven so far and want to just relax. The front desk clerk always gives great recommendations for restaurants. I haven't tried Karma yet but I plan on trying it this year when I am there. Like I said before, I come here every year and I wouldn't ever pick a different hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate the time taken to recognize the efforts our team takes in order for our guests to have an enjoyable experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The rooms are nice and clean and the Karma restaurant has good food. However, there is a severe lack of customer service. They are not as welcoming as they should be. Also, essential services such as the computer and printer in the business office do not work. The shuttle service is not very flexible for anything other than business and the hotel temperature is too hot every where outside the rooms. Over all I slept well, but the staff were sub par. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shawn H
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for providing feedback. Customer Service is the most important part of what we do and why our overall reviews are what they are. We are in the process of retraining our team as we have had a recent change in leadership. I would love to invite you back to the property and ensure that you were taken care of, personally. Feel free to contact me directly - kip.stehling@hilton.com.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Can't turn on the shower without getting in the shower and getting cold and wet - I'm 5'10" and my arms are normal length but I couldn't get close to the shower handle to turn it on - and the shower head had almost no travel to avoid getting cold and wet. This is simply a design flaw - aesthetics over functionality! The facility is otherwise OK - but it should be for the cost!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark D

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We did just go through a renovation of the bathrooms, and I understand your difficulty with the showerhead. The bathroom layout was difficult to implement with the original design of the property and placement of the pipes. Our housekeeping team does their best to angle the showerhead away from the entry door. I will ensure we revisit this process with our team. If there is any other feedback that you could provide, I would be happy to address personally - kip.stehling@hilton.com

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and this was the hotel recommended by the bride. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was helpful. The restaurant and bar had a good menu and good drinks. We weren't in the hotel very much, but when we were, it was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Wedding Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. I remember you all visiting the property, and you were an enjoyable group to have. It was a pleasure serving you.

KIP