All reviews double tree warm cookies breakfast buffet great hotel karma restaurant fitness center business stay attached restaurant stay at this hotel again vernon hills room was spacious excellent stay business center staff was friendly wedding libertyville accommodations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Can't turn on the shower without getting in the shower and getting cold and wet - I'm 5'10" and my arms are normal length but I couldn't get close to the shower handle to turn it on - and the shower head had almost no travel to avoid getting cold and wet. This is simply a design flaw - aesthetics over functionality! The facility is otherwise OK - but it should be for the cost!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark D
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We did just go through a renovation of the bathrooms, and I understand your difficulty with the showerhead. The bathroom layout was difficult to implement with the original design of the property and placement of the pipes. Our housekeeping team does their best to angle the showerhead away from the entry door. I will ensure we revisit this process with our team. If there is any other feedback that you could provide, I would be happy to address personally - kip.stehling@hilton.com

Kip Stehling

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and this was the hotel recommended by the bride. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was helpful. The restaurant and bar had a good menu and good drinks. We weren't in the hotel very much, but when we were, it was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Wedding Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. I remember you all visiting the property, and you were an enjoyable group to have. It was a pleasure serving you.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Well located if you have to do business or visit family/friends in the Libertyville/Mundelein area. This is an older property which is little by little being updated. Has a nice Asian fusion restaurant. However rooms are oldfashioned and give a rather worn impression. Hallways are dark and uninviting. Houskeeping could be a bit more swift. I hope Hilton is pushing an overall renovation of the rooms ahead, otherwise they loose out to more uptodate places in the area.

Room Tip: Get room facing inner courtyard to have a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing your personal feedback regarding our property. I am however sorry to hear that the aesthetics of the property were not pleasing to you. We are constantly updating our hotel and are about to complete a partial renovation of our guestrooms. I am however, happy to hear that you enjoyed our Asian Fusion restaurant. We just brought on a new Executive Chef, and we constantly get positive feedback regarding his cuisine.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel is clean, friendly and more welcoming than other hotels in the area. I definitely recommend it for the business traveler. The service was great and the fitness center is clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kip S, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay with us in Mundelein. Service is something that we strive to excel in to show our guests that we truly CARE. I look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I enjoyed being in this hotel. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The pool looks beautiful. Lobby was so beautiful and clean. I love the place and my family did too. The parking lot was very accessible. Check in time is perfect and check out time is until noon which helped us using the pool for two hours in the morning before we left the hotel. We are very satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rosannac,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay with us in Mundelein. It brings us great pleasure to hear that your overall experience was enjoyable. We look forward to inviting you back in the near future.