“Great ribs”

Gale Street Inn-Diamond Lake
Ranked #58 of 107 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great place, still like the first locatiuon on the lake, but food is just as good. Nice self service salad bar with great attentive staff.

Visited January 2013

Chicago
1,304 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,180 helpful votes
“Boring food & boring atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here again (see my other reviews of Gale Street Inn). We both ordered the ½ slab of ribs with the salad bar. The ribs were just ok; they definitely contained no “wow” factor. The salad bar was just mediocre and a bit bland and tasteless. Service was very good.

• Visited January 2013
Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Come for the atmosphere and stay for the ribs!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Came here for my sister's birthday - the ribs were fall off the bone, saucey, yummy, meaty - probably the best ribs I have ever eaten. Rest of the food looked really good based on what was served to our table. Great place for parties, lots of room to entertain, drink, chat and have a great time!

Visited August 2012
Libertyville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always consistant and an incredible staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went here on Sunday with two of my girlfriends and we had a great time. We were greeted with a big hello by the hostess, and quickly served by our waitress. We all had ribs that just melted in our mouths. The salad bar was also a big hit with us too. Unfortunately, they're no longer accross the street but they've done a great job with the space that they have. It was also nice that the hostess stopped by our table to see how everything was. I don't see that anymore at alot of restaurants. But all in all between great ribs and a terrific server, I believe her name was Ana, we had a great experience.

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Depends on when you go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We always enjoy the patio that's right across from Diamond Lake. We really like the server Tim, who is always so nice to us, but when we went this last Tuesday, the hostess was downright unfriendly and our service was lousy (Tim wasn't there) even though it wasn't busy at all. They have changed the menu and took off the lamb chops which were always my favorite. Prices are a little steep and why do restaurants persist in charging more for sharing a dinner? I ordered the pork chops which were pretty dry.

• Visited September 2012