“Depends on when you go”

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Depends on when you go”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We always enjoy the patio that's right across from Diamond Lake. We really like the server Tim, who is always so nice to us, but when we went this last Tuesday, the hostess was downright unfriendly and our service was lousy (Tim wasn't there) even though it wasn't busy at all. They have changed the menu and took off the lamb chops which were always my favorite. Prices are a little steep and why do restaurants persist in charging more for sharing a dinner? I ordered the pork chops which were pretty dry.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank beejust53

chicago
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've been to this location a few times. Overall, it's been a good experience. The Prime Rib is my # 1 choice and the portions are huge. They have a nice fireplace and a great view of Diamond Lake. i see that they have an outside area but have never actually sat out there. The service is good and my Grandfather loves the Ribs. i wouldnt say it was my all time favorite place to eat but certainly better quality for the money. I personally am not a huge fan of a salad bar but they do have one. It's a little on the smaller side though. The soup is always good. The place is a bit dated and could use some updates. We went for Easter dinner there and it was great.

• Visited April 2012
Grayslake, Illinois
“Old style place with great Ribs, Buffalo wings, Prime Rib, and a view of the lake”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

First off I do not like Chain Restaurants so I like THIS place even more. Family owned and traditional. What I mean by that is the atmosphere is a little dated. The wait staff is great and some of them have been there for 15 years or longer. Across the street from Diamond Lake providing a nice water view. Outdoor seating is available on the deck. Younger people will like the large bar area..a great place to watch the games on Sunday. They have specials every day. They are well known for their BBQ Ribs. May I suggest a large cut of medium rare Prime Rib and ask for it to be covered in crumbled Bue cheese and "Flashed" under the broiler to melt the cheese to a slight crust. WOW. Great steaks and the I really like the old fashioned salad bar. Forget going there on Father's Day or Mother's Day as the place is packed. I do have to tell you that They have THE BEST Buffalo wings in the county. They make them the traditional way..no breading and deep fryed tossed in butter and Franks Hot Sauce. Over all a great place to relax and have a great meal.

• Visited February 2012
illinois
“Nice Place...”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We've been coming here occasionally since before the move across the street. I think it's pretty much the same. I had a NY strip last week and I thought it was very good. Not excellent, I've had tad better steaks there but it was still quite good. I don't like that they charge you $2 for a salad bar when you're paying $25 already. But the salad bar is decent, sorta small but decent. I always eat too much pate.

Last week our server was very good. Very friendly. Once long ago we had a BAD waiter. I was ready to tell him off. I get a bad server we're either walking out or asking for a new one. I advise you do the same.

They are known for ribs of course. I think their ribs are OK, but most people don't do ribs "fall off the bone" like I do. I'm in that camp. Their ribs are chewier.

I'd go again - in a few months.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank johnfrom60056
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible Fish Fry”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Drove by this restaurant and decided to give it a try. Bad mistake.

My spouse and I both ordered the friday fish fry dinner. It was one of the worst fish frys we have ever been to. The fish tasted like it was frozen prepackaged grocery store boxed fish. The fish was greasy & soggy, the fish had no taste at all, and the fries were soggy.

The hostess was a bit rude; our server was just ok.

This was our first and last time eating here.

• Visited September 2011