“Has Potential”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Michigan
“Has Potential”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

A colleague and I were in the area on business the week prior to Cinco de Mayo, as it happens, and looking for a place to have dinner. We passed by Las Palmas where the parking lot was packed. We figured it must be good so we stopped. The food was adequate and hot. Service was very good. The decor outside needs a serious upgrade. Love the idea they're going for but an update is in order.

Visited May 2012

Kent, Ohio
“always good food and pleasant service”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a good restaurant -- not a great restaurant, but the food is always good, hot and pleasantly served. The menu is extensive, and the drinks, while a bit on the pricey side for my tastes, are nicely prepared. Live music is presented on the weekends, I think..check before you go if you've heard the gringo's Mexican favorites enough. The food is plentiful...plates are full with rice, beans, and your choice..I'm a fan of their flautas, tacos (of course) and enchiladas. Service is exceptionally prompt and attentive...from the basket of warm chips to the entrees. It's a pleasant place -- that word again! - for lunch or dinner, absolutely dependable in terms of food quality, and exceptionally family friendly. Go. Enjoy.

• Visited March 2012
Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
“OK Mexican food”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Average at best.

Food is OK, but there is nothing about this establishment that would make you want to go out of your way to get to return.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Tom Y
Chicago
1,314 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,188 helpful votes
“Done eating here, el fin”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Directions:
Rte. 60/83 & Diamond Lake Road

My wife and I had dinner here and we both thought it was below average Mexican food. We found the food to be bland, boring, and was not even warm. We previously had several bad experiences at Las Palmas Naperville and we were hoping that Las Palmas Mundelein would be better.

Based on four bad experiences at Las Palmas we are done eating here. We have since found a great place for Mexican food called Tacos El Norte which has several locations in the Chicagoland area.

• Visited July 2011
Spokane, Washington
“Best Mexican I've had in the area”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Now ... I can't say I've tried all the Mexican places in the area (there are many). But of those I've tried, this is tops. Ingredients taste super fresh, which I can't say about most Mexican restaurants. I had a combo dinner. Portions were generous, taste was good, food was hot.

Our server was also good. Drawback was that it was a Saturday night, and there was an Elvis impersonator (!), so it was very noisy. It seems like it would be good for drinks or a larger party, but not for a quieter dinner with a date (at least not on Saturdays). Other than that, I can't say enough good things. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2011