“great old school pizza”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Mundelein, Illinois
“great old school pizza”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place started in the 50's and there are good reasons that it's still going strong. Mostly it's the pizza. They make great pizza. I've noticed that some pizza places have started scrimping on the quality of their ingredients, but Bill's doesn't. It may not be the trendiest of pizza styles, but it's good old fashioned pizza the way it should be made.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Richard H

“Best pizza in the area”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My family has lived in Mundelein for 36 years, and we have been customers all that time. My grown children are always ready for a Bill's Special Double Decker when they come to town for a visit. For me the thin crust pepperoni is the best anywhere

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jadamek390
oz
“Hate Hate the dead animals”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I understand it's a pub but I can not eat while being surrounded by dead stuffed animals. I also do not like the pizza crust anymore very hard and dry , not like it use to be.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank wickedwitch2564
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Rustic Setting”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

There is a decent selection of fine draft beer and we indulged in a thin-crust pizza with tasty toppings. The ingredients do appear to be of very good quality, justifying a higher price.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Klaus_IL
Chicago, Illinois
“Next time...”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Next time, I'll order the double decker, let me explain...
I love pizza. I try to test it everywhere I can. But my philosophy is that you have to compare the same pizza at various locations. So when trying somewhere new, I always order thin crust, cheese. I know this is not the specialty at Bills but many of the reviews glorify the thin crust there. I like the crust, the sauce is good but a little sweeter than I like. I did not feel like there was enough cheese. The pizza was not bad, it was good, just not what I was hoping for, I wanted to find a new #1 pizza joint. I give the pizza 3.5, but the service is off the charts. Our waiter, David, had to be one of the best servers I have ever had at a restaurant. They really do work customer service here and it shows.
I'll make the trip again, for me it's about a 35 minute drive, but next time, I'm trying the double decker (and hoping for David as my waiter).

1 Thank NewbieK