“None better!”

Ranked #18 of 109 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: Chinese, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Warm, friendly, cozy restaurant & bar located on the SE corner of US 45 & IL 83. Established in 1975, serving graciously fine quality ingredients, cooked to order. All foods & soups are homemade fresh with 10 different soups to choose from daily. Famous for our Eggrolls, Mai Tais and Martinis. Dine In entrees include a complimentary cup of Soup du Jour or Tomato Juice. Carryout entrees include complimentary Fortune & Almond Cookie. Many regular customers are known by name.
Lombard
“None better!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My sister and I have always enjoyed Royal Cantonese's delicious food and drink (we are partial to their MaiTai cocktail.) Whether having it delivered or dining in the restaurant, we have always been pleased with the large portions of authentic, fresh, and tasty food. The staff is attentive, the atmosphere is very pleasant, and Doreen (owner) is wonderfully gracious. Try it for yourself!

Libertyville
“Can't Beat It!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Excellent food and people. Our family's favorite since they opened!

• Visited December 2011
chicago, il
“Still fantastic after all of these years!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I used to go to Royal Cantonese regularly but since I moved some distance away, I can only get there yearly. I was so looking forward to all my old favorites and they did not disappoint. I brought my sister-in-law (who is a very good cook and enjoys fine meals) and she declared the pot stickers were the best she's ever had! She was also impressed with the Shrimp Lo Mein. Their eggrolls are still the best I've found.

The server was very attentive and the owners, Doreen and John, treat all their customers like family. They are amazing at remembering people. Go there once and see if they don't remember you the next time, I challenge you!

Chicago, Illinois
“Our all time favorite Chinese restaurant!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband's family has been eating at Royal Cantonese since he was a boy. My in-laws have since moved away, but are always complaining that there is no Chinese restaurant as good as Royal Cantonese near them. My husband took me there for dinner when we were still dating and I have been a fan ever since. The owners and restaurant staff are extremely friendly and the food is excellent. They truly do have the best egg rolls around. We always order extra so that we can have leftovers the next day- I usually have them for breakfast!

Chicago
“Ask for Doreen”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Doreen makes you feel like you've just come home for a fresh cooked meal or drinks.

Visited March 2012