“Egg Rolls to Die for!”

Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: Chinese, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Warm, friendly, cozy restaurant & bar located on the SE corner of US 45 & IL 83. Established in 1975, serving graciously fine quality ingredients, cooked to order. All foods & soups are homemade fresh with 10 different soups to choose from daily. Famous for our Eggrolls, Mai Tais and Martinis. Dine In entrees include a complimentary cup of Soup du Jour or Tomato Juice. Carryout entrees include complimentary Fortune & Almond Cookie. Many regular customers are known by name.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Egg Rolls to Die for!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The best egg rolls I have ever had! The service is great, the food fresh with large portions. It is a bit pricey, bit worth it. They also have a killer Mai Tai, it takes a bit to make, but again well worth it.

• Visited July 2011

Libertyville, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I ordered the wonton noodle soup with shrimp, chicken and pork. I got 2 shrimp, over abundance of ramen type noodles, very little chicken or pork. It was put in a styrofoam container inside of a plastic bag, so I ended up with a bag of broth.
The egg foo yung (2 patties) were small, and again, where are the shrimp? It came with fried rice .... tasteless.
Their on line menu states "-There is no refunds or exchange for dishes ordered and "It wasn't what I expected.." or " I really didn't like it...." or "I changed my mind..."
Too bad, because if I were in the establishment, instead of carry out, I would have sent it back. All of it. No wonder they make this statement!
Never again.

1 Thank Karen12359_9
Roscoe illinois
“Our Favorite Cantonese restaurant in Northern Illinois”
Reviewed February 21, 2009

My family and I have been going to Royal cantonese for 15 years. We love the food so much that even though we moved out by Rockford IL 5 years ago my husband still picks it up occasionally when he leaves work in Libertyville. Even reheated after 2 hours in his car it is still 100 times better than fresh anywhere in Winnebago county. we particularly enjoy the sweet and sour chicken and the Chicken with hot garlic sauce. their Pork tenderlion chop suey is also very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Not impressed.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vernon Hills
“Best Cantonese within .000001 miles of this place”
Reviewed April 9, 2008

My wife and I where feeling a bit peckish and bold and thought we would give this place a try. The fact that they deliver is a huge draw given our area and the lack of places that actually do. They did inform us when we ordered that it would take about an hour to arrive; fine, I'm a patient man, my pregnant wife, not so much. An hour turned into an hour and half , at which point I called and was told that it should be there soon. Yes, it did arrive fairly soon after that, and we dug in. Being new to Cantonese food I was excited; little did I know that the word Cantonese when translated into culinary terms means "Burnt, or Burnt Scented." Everything we had ordered was either burnt or smelled like it, even the Wonton soup. You have to really have to work to achieve those kind of results. We also ordered the eggrolls which i'm guessing they added extra liquid to in order to get that desired sogginess. The Cantonese Shrimp, Veggie Fied Rice, and Seseame Chicken; yes, I know very run-of-the-mill dishes, where all burnt, not that aromatic scent of burnt, physically charrred. As far as price, roughly $20-$25 more than we normally spend on take-out, and because I did not notice the delivery charge of 2.5% already applied at the very bottom of the reciept I gave a larger than normal tip; with the hope that this may be our new "place." Hopefully they'll use that extra tip money and buy a Out of Business sign. Needless to say we lost our appetite very quickly and decided to pitch the rest; I NEVER throw away food!!! All-in-all my wife got sick the next morning; I know, your thinking morning sickness, no Royal Cantonese....

3 Thank Diner07