“Very busy place”

Elly's Pancake House INC
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
chicago, IL
“Very busy place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We, two couples, went to this restaurant foe Brunch on Mother's day. Waiting line were very long, surprisingly only took 20-25 minutes.
Waitress was excellent, smiling and friendly. Coffee was not bad. We ordered skillet and special. Food were on average.
This place was so busy and everything/everyone was rushed around you. We hardly relaxed and enjoyed our brunch.

• Visited May 2013

Round Lake, Illinois
“Elly"s Pancakes are outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The service is number one and the waitresses and bussboys provide you with ample beverages and the atmosphere is quite relaxing like you are a member of a big family.

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Diner Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I do not understand why this restaurant is sooooo busy all the time. They rush you in and rush you out. No time to relax and enjoy your breakfast.

Visited August 2012
Arcata
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great staff, great breakfast, great location, reasonable price. Motel breakfasts can only go so far to meet our expectations. It is a bonus when they are located near such convenient breakfast restaurants with a satisfying meal.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Really?!? Something I've NEVER experienced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a great restaurant for breakfast or lunch. The food is very good and service is spectacular; great value in today's economy. I've been here at least 50 times with my family, with co-workers for a meeting, Sunday brunch, you name it. A few weeks ago something happened that I have NEVER experienced in my life. I went in on Super Bowl Sunday early afternoon to get some of their awesome cream of chicken soup in order to eat light before all the great snacks i would consume that night during the game. I tried to order 2 bowls of soup to go and the manager told me he could not sell me the soup. I stood there dumbfounded. He said that they didn't have enough for the customers in the restaurant so he couldn't let me have any soup. WHAT? REALLY! You "can't" sell me any soup? He was apologetic and said,"I would if I could but I can't". I still can't believe this happened. My opinion of this restaurant totally changed in that moment and it will be a LONG time before I ever go back, if ever.
Great job Elly's!