“Best Ma & Pa shop”

Osaka Sushi
Ranked #62 of 110 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Prices & sushi are great! They even take suggestions on new rolls to invent! Free soup or salad comes with any entree. Staff is very friendly. Miss working by this place...

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Small restaurant but has lots of flavor to make up for it.
We love their Firecracker & Philly Rolls. Delicious, we would say best in the area.
They provide complimentary Miso Soup & Salad with every meal, both are quite good.
Service is great, and the food is worth the cramped quarters.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor I had to try for myself. I was seated promptly at the bar on request. BEfore I know it the Sushi Chef was telling me about some of the specials. All of which were delicious I had the Tuna Tataki and a Tiffany Roll with a side of Salmon and Tuna Sashimi. One word sums it up and it is WOW!

1  Thank ZakP808
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband grew up in Tokyo, Japan and found this place years ago. It is very authentic Japanese. It is not Japanese owned but, That is the same for all the other Japanese restaurants in the Mundelein, Vernon Hills and Libertyville area. They even offer natto maki if you really want to try something traditional. I found the service to be good. Also, after we started having kids, they accommodated for them as well. It is a very small restaurant so we would make sure to come early to avoid any crowds and they would give us cut up tofu for our baby. At 10, he still loves it and has much better eating habits than me. I love this place!

1  Thank midwest4
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This is our favorite sushi place. It's a little hole in the wall with no "atmosphere," but the food is always fresh and DELICIOUS, and the service is usually pretty good, unless you get the one crabby lady. Their miso soup and salad (free with food purchase) are both exceptional. Be sure to get the firecracker maki. Our other favorite is the unagi.