“Service was non-existent”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 45
Description: Karma Asian Food & Wine serves Modern Asian Fusion Cuisine taking classic Asian fare and adding our own comfortable, Western twist. Our focus is to use only fresh ingredients. We do this by sourcing natural, locally farmed and/or organic products where ever possible.In Karma Grill, our chefs prepare mouthwatering Steaks and fresh Fish cooked to perfection along with our Wok Stir Fry dishes featuring many vegetarian and gluten free options. Enjoying these in a very relaxed dining atmosphere with our 12 foot tall waterfall at one end and our 200 square foot pond in the center, makes for an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have gone to this place many times. I have eaten dinner and sat in/at the bar and relaxed. I have to say on this visit I was not the least bit impressed. My guest and I went at 6:55 p.m. on Saturday. There were 6 people at the bar (3 couples) and at least 1 or 2 other people sitting at a table in the bar. We sat down behind the bar at one of the little couches. I saw a bar menu and regular menu stting on the bar so I got up and grabbed them. We looked at the menu and sat. And sat. And sat. There was a hostess there and a barback or busboy. Initailly the bartender looked a little busy but then I noticed she was "doing dishes." I kept looking at her and waiting for her to acknowledge us and she never did.She was talking even chatting with her hostess. After about 12-15 minutes we got up and left. As we walked by the hostess and bartender chatting they both looked at us and didn't say a thing. We had 2 other friends meeting us and had to call and tell them to meet us elsewhere. I won't be going back to the bar area again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We only had lunch at Karma, but it was quite good, and we told them we were in a hurry, and they brought our check quickly!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The waterfall / pond fountain presentation gives this restaurant a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. Their food choices are good, nice variety. They have a nice lounge as well. They also support the Double Tree Hotel, their breakfast buffet is great, not dry from sitting too long waiting for customers. Wait staff, attentive and 'present' but not overbearing. Recommended - especially for a 'romantic' repast.

5  Thank SBruce J
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Doubletree hotel in Mundelein. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated with a pond in the middle of the floor and a quiet waterfall on the wall. The food is beautifully presented, the service is fantastic, everyone is so friendly, and they never rush your meal. I'm always surprised more people don't try it out. We would definitely recommend Karma.

2  Thank beejust53
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Good to try when in the area but not worth a special trip. Nothing really special. Went for lunch and it was really empty - never filled up. The food was good, interesting but nothing out of the ordinary.