“Something for everyone”

Caboose Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 109 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My five year old grandson talked about this place so my daughter invited me and my wife. There were six of us and we had breakfast on a Sunday morning. I had the French Toast. Others had an omelet, large salad and chicken wrap. We all enjoyed our meals. This is a great place for kids but the very good food is for anyone. They had a very extensive menu and the prices are more the fair.

1  Thank 85,755

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We brought our 3 year old daughter here for breakfast while in town for a wedding. She absolutely loved the railroad themed decor! Food selection is amazing (give yourself time to figure out what you what, because the variety is plentiful!). Portion sizes is perfect, as we weren't starving or stuffed afterward. Great little eatery!!!

1  Thank jead1212
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A nice Mom and Pop type place with good food and lots of options. Their wraps are especially good and I love the eggs benedict.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I used to work in the area and started going when it opened and fell in love. I would go and pick up a salad (always fresh and delicious). I even took my husband there for lunch on the weekend and he became a fan. Then when I did not work in the area I kept saying I am going to come back. Well I am so happy I went there again this past weekend. Had a burger for the first time. It was soooo good, my son had the chicken fingers he said they were the best and my husband said we won't wait 2 years to come back. Very good, fresh food cooked perfect and served to you at your table.
The only two downsides are they don't take Credit cards for anything under $15 so if you go alone bring cash. Also, the fries and drinks are seperate, for the 3 of us for lunch it was $25. Kind of pricey. But it was so good.