“Low end for Quality Inn & smoky”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My main complaint aside from a relatively higher price of this Quality Inn is the stale smoky odor in this hotel, especially in the hallway near the back door. So one's first impression is having to run the smoke gauntlet as you enter. Not a good impression.
We were given a non-smoking room, but a strong smoky odor hit us as we opened the door to our room. The front desk staff said it was a smoking room a year ago. Well, obviously the conversion to a non-smoking room did not work. She said it was not the first time people had asked to be moved from what was supposed to be a non-smoking room.
The breakfast was just ok, certainly nothing special.
A facelift, some deep cleaning and paint would help a lot if they cannot afford to renovate. The internet did not work well for us. Breakfast just ok. And the bed was not too good.

Room Tip: If you want non-smoking, be sure to check it out first. 122 is non-smoking, but smells smoky. Also...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank WireWrapGems2

Reviewed June 23, 2014

By far this is the worst hotel in Mount Vernon and possibly one of the worst hotels that I have every stayed in. The pictures on the internet look nice; however, they are not representative of the hotel. The place is run down and in need of a major renovation. We booked the room with the three queen beds for our family and was very disappointed. Our ironing board had dried blood on it, the bathroom wallpaper and molding was falling down, and our shower curtain had mold all over it. We even overheard one of the housekeepers speaking with another guest about the mold on the curtains and she said that they had told the manager and he said that he was not going to change them.

We were so tired that night we slept in the hotel; however, the next morning we immediately checked out because there was roaches in our room and in the hallway.

The manager in the hotel, Victor Patel, will not help at all. He ignores all complaints and has his staff tell people that he is not there. After we checked out I kept calling to speak with him and everytime I was told that he was not in. One time we called we were told that he was not there yet we walked in right afterwoods and there he stood. He is not sympathetic to complaints and basically told us that he didn't care. He said that all hotels have roaches and wouldn't give us a refund.

There are plenty of other choices in Mount Vernon so do your homework and rent one of the other rooms because this place is a dump.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The check in process was fine, the staff was friendly enough. The room was average but not as clean as I have come to expect from this brand of hotel. The breakfast was OK nothing outstanding but nothing terrible either. Check out was good and again the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Rented two non-smoking rooms. Relatives rented two other non-smoking. Smoke was terrible in the hallway and in the rooms. Mold on the shower curtain. Sink was scratched and stained. Toilet was so low to the floor, I thought it was for children, and I almost fell over. Toilet had paper under it to keep it from rocking. Pillows were small, bed was crumby. The motel needs updated badly. Many minor issues in the room. We will not stay here again, nor will our relatives. Each room was about $90 with tax. We will pay a little more and find a better motel in this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have stayed here, for the past several years to and from Wi. to Fl. It just seems to me that the service has gone down the drain. The person who checked us in had no clue about my reservation which I had in my hand, and the fact the she did not recognize us as gold elite members was just another nail in the coffin. After just diving 600 miles from Dothan, AL which we stayed at a Sleep Inn, which was superb! It sure was a let down. Many of these hotels seem to be under new management, and in my opinion need an attitude adjustment. The room was non-smoking and smelled from smoke. Could hear the TV in the next room all night UGH!!!! Will not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: Check out other options!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

What a terrible experience. The reviews for this place were good and that's why I made reservations here but upon arrival we quickly found out they do not define "Quality" the same way we do. This was supposed to be a no smoking motel but the room we were first assigned reeked of cigarette smoke. Not only that but the facia board on the vanity was falling off. I asked the receptionist for another room and when we opened the door to that room we were surprised to see that it was in a complete state of disrepair. I then decided to move on and find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and find some place else to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We chose this hotel because it is a Choice Hotel and they have a 'reward' program. This is my opinion only, but I have found Choice reward program to be of little use to me. We have stayed several times at various Choice hotels and various citites but in spite of the advertisements claim of stay two nights get one free, I have yet to be able to 'claim' a free night; there is always a reason why we just don't quality.
As far at the Quality at Mount Vernon, the room and bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was courteous and apologetic for the rewards program. This particular hotel was easy to find and close to the highway.
As far as this hotel is concerned, I would recommend it as a reasonably priced, comfortable, convenient hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family