“Quality has been lost!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
United States
“Quality has been lost!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have stayed here, for the past several years to and from Wi. to Fl. It just seems to me that the service has gone down the drain. The person who checked us in had no clue about my reservation which I had in my hand, and the fact the she did not recognize us as gold elite members was just another nail in the coffin. After just diving 600 miles from Dothan, AL which we stayed at a Sleep Inn, which was superb! It sure was a let down. Many of these hotels seem to be under new management, and in my opinion need an attitude adjustment. The room was non-smoking and smelled from smoke. Could hear the TV in the next room all night UGH!!!! Will not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: Check out other options!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Enumclaw, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

What a terrible experience. The reviews for this place were good and that's why I made reservations here but upon arrival we quickly found out they do not define "Quality" the same way we do. This was supposed to be a no smoking motel but the room we were first assigned reeked of cigarette smoke. Not only that but the facia board on the vanity was falling off. I asked the receptionist for another room and when we opened the door to that room we were surprised to see that it was in a complete state of disrepair. I then decided to move on and find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and find some place else to stay.
1 Thank Tom W

Travelers are raving about these Mount Vernon hotels

Norwalk, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We chose this hotel because it is a Choice Hotel and they have a 'reward' program. This is my opinion only, but I have found Choice reward program to be of little use to me. We have stayed several times at various Choice hotels and various citites but in spite of the advertisements claim of stay two nights get one free, I have yet to be able to 'claim' a free night; there is always a reason why we just don't quality.
As far at the Quality at Mount Vernon, the room and bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was courteous and apologetic for the rewards program. This particular hotel was easy to find and close to the highway.
As far as this hotel is concerned, I would recommend it as a reasonably priced, comfortable, convenient hotel

Jenks, OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

When we went into the hotel at the end where the elevator is it reeked of cigarette smoke. The hallways smelled like smoke and you could even smell the smoke in our non-smoking room seeping under the door. The bathroom had missing caulk around the tub and sink. Carpet was dirty and sticky. The next morning we were woken up at 7:15 because they were scraping the shingles off the rook to replace the roof. So much for our sleeping in. Then when we tried to take the elevator down because my wife is disabled and does not so steps well, we find the elevator out of order.

I guess if you don't mind cigarette smoke and dirty bathrooms, then this would be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Check in at another Hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank okiejohn
Mount Vernon, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We made reservations 2 weeks before our stay,we were told by 2 different people we could have a birthday party for an 8 year old in the room,just nothing party related at poolside.We were told check in was noon.We went at noon to check in were told room wasnt ready,at 1:30 we finally got our room it was not clean ,toilet wouldnt flush and the entire building reeked of stale cigarette smoke.We were offered a different room but was told it smelled bad.So we are swimming,9 children under 16 years of age.The manager comes in demands that we get out of the pool,takes pictures of our underage kids on his cell and calls the police on us.He said we had too many in the pool and we had to leave.The children were distraught,3 of them in tears we packed and left...........was a very memorable birthday for an 8 year old.This man should be deported!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank grammyn2006
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Warning! Warning! Choice Privilege members.....
Hotel was okay, but Choice Privileges program and promotion is bull! The desk clerk signed me up, so when I went to redeem my free 1 night for staying 2 times, I was denied for all these reasons:
1. First, she put Southwest Airlines as my preferred loyalty program, so the stays weren't credited. I didn't ask for this.
2. My stays didn't even register in my account even though I made my reservations online, inside my account.
3. Then I was told that since Econo Lodge was one of my stays, it's an economy hotel (which is not stated on their ad banner at all) so I'd have to stay at three of their listed hotels for 2 nights in a row to get one night credit. The woman on the phone started naming all these stipulations that are on the learn more tab in the fine print. So I'm done with the Choice Program. It's a lie. When I show up at a hotel at 2am from driving the last thing I want to do is haggle on the phone with some web person. Just honor your promotions.!!!
A side note: I paid more for the Econo Lodge than I did for comfort suites room so how is the economy brand economy if I paid more for it?

Room Tip: Do not use Choice Privileges! It's crap.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Jesulbuib
Mchenry, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel wreaked from cigarette smoke. We ordered two baby cribs since we have twins. One of the cribs was in terrible condition. It shook violently and had cracked rails with sharp edges. It was not safe to place an infant in. When we asked housekeeping for clean towels, they sat there and counted each towel we gave them before giving us new dry ones. I had just stepped out of the shower and was wrapped in a tiny towel (the manager just stood there and continued to count the towels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family