“We will Stay again!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Probably the nicest Choice Motel we stayed in all summer. Good Price, clean room, comfortable beds. Service was friendly. My only complaints, the frig didn't work in our room and the breakfast area is so small, there was not room for everyone to find a place to sit, and very crowded getting around each other to get to food items.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just needed a place to sleep on our way to Chicago and this was just fine.We arrived late and left early.I had reservations and check in was easy.Was a little concerned when I smelled cigarette smoke in the corridor but our room smelled fresh and clean.Staff was nice, bed was comfortable and the breakfast had the standard items as most free breakfast at other hotels and was just fine.I felt we received good value for our money here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul43735
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I stay many nights a year - over 70 - in hotels and as a result of a full Comfort Suites at this exit, I opted to the Quality Inn. It was awful. We got probably the last room in te place, a smoking room. I didn't know they even had those! All night we breathed in smoke fumes, even opening the window didn't help. Everything felt dirty and some areas - the bathroom - looked dirty. If Comfort Suites is sold out again, we'll travel to the next exit...or four!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank mym2bw
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel is in need of major updating, peeling "ceramic" in the sink in our room, dirty carpeting not very comfortable beds, filthy ironing board cover, and if you could see the scum floating in the pool the next morning you'll regret getting in it the night before YUK!!!! Kitchen area for the free breakfast was DISGUSTING!!!! literally sticky floor, FILTHY chairs, we went back to our room to eat the mediocre food.

Room Tip: Pass this one up!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The front desk personel were friendly and helpful. Our initial impression of the hotel was fine. However, when we stepped from the lobby into the hallway that leads to the rooms the smell of stale cigarette smoke and air freshener was overwhelming. Our room did not smell of smoke and was clean, but it was in disrepair. This is especially noticable in the bathroom. There was something black inside the "crystal" shower knob where it had not been removed and cleaned under and the wallpaper was beginning to peel. Also, smoke kept coming in under our door. I'm not sure if the staff or other guests were walking past with lit cigarettes, but it was terrible. Also, the walls are thin and we could hear our neighbors. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Traveling from Bowling Greene, Kentucky to St. Louis with a large group of people. We stopped due to worsening conditions on I-64. They were able to provide a large number of rooms, quickly, at a reasonable price.

The rooms are in need of updating, but what mid price point hotel isn't?

Outside of wallpaper and bedspreads, the rooms are well appointed and maintained clean. The staff is both friendly and accommodating.

Beds are firm (great for me)...

Would I choose this as a first option if I were planning an extended stay, maybe not. For a one night sleep, it more than provides what you need.

Room Tip: 201 is a large confrence room that has a six seat table and a leather chair... I am not really sure...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we got to the hotel we were pleased by the service, the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful even though we checked in at 9 pm and had no reservations. The room looked clean and smelled good. The bathroom could use a wallpaper touchup but other than that it was clean. Around 3 am I woke up really itchy and looked down at my ankle, there was a huge bite on my ankle. I checked the bed for bedbugs and found none so I figured it was a mosquito bite. I took a benadryl and applied lotion and fell back to sleep. At 530, I woke up again because my wrist was itchy. I had two bites on my wrist. I checked the bed again and took the sheets off the bed to clear them of any critters that might be hiding in them. The bites look like spider bites so I think there must have been a spider in my bed. I'm annoyed that I paid $70 to get eaten alive by spiders - I should have gone camping instead.

• Stayed: February 2013