“The staff made the stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Princeton, IL.
“The staff made the stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was one of the friendliest hotels I have ever been in. Every staff member I encountered spoke to me and smiled. I remember thinking that the lady at the front desk should be doing training for the chain. The room was exactly as reserved and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. I will go stay at this hotel again when I am in the Mt. Vernon area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Phyllis_bruce, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate to hear how we are doing. We look forward to your future stays at the Hampton Inn Mt Vernon Il

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We met family at this hotel last weekend. The hotel kind of had a smell to it. Also, the room was pretty dated. The comforter was lumpy. The paint was chipped on the soap holder in the shower. The hotel was clean, but definitely could use a little TLC. The breakfast was decent. The kids enjoyed the pool. The service overall was just kind of average also. I just have feelings on this hotel either way. It would work in a pinch, but wouldn't really recommend it or go out of my way to stay again. We may try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Crystal Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Our only complaint about this hotel was that one of our reading lamps by the bed was broken. I told them about it when we left. Comfortable beds, clean throughout, nice amenities in the bathroom. It also had a pretty decent complimentary breakfast with waffles, eggs (I think?), fresh fruit, toast, oatmeal & cereals. We were only there one night, but all in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

The Mount Vernon Hampton is well located, staff friendly and very clean. The lady at the check-in desk remembered my reservation and call me by name when I arrived. Nice touch!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Charleston, WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel passing through the area. The person at the front desk was very nice. She made you feel welcomed after traveling most of the day. I had two complaints with this hotel. First, I was disappointed with the breakfast. My wife and I decided to go the local McDonalds for breakfast. Second, our room was over the pool. You could smell chlorine in the room as soon as you opened the door. In a couple of hours, I must have gotten use to the smell. Next time I travel through the area, I think I will try another hotel. There are plenty to chose from.

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the pool
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I found the Hampton Inn in Mount Vernon Illinois to be a good choice for the night as we traveled west on I-64. We were pleased with our king room and were appreciative of the cleanliness of the room and the bath area. The front desk had mentioned a "social hour" that evening. It was so nice to relax in the lobby with a glass of wine & some tasty appetizers after a long drive that day. A plus for this Hampton Inn since most Hampton chains don't think of this little extra! The continental breakfast the next morning was well stocked with lots of choices including hot items.

We recommend this Hampton Inn as an excellent choice for a stay in Mount Vernon, Illinois!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bemlwmtravelers
Griffith, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before. This was our first experience and it was a great one! There were fresh cookies when we walked in to check in (but not chocolate chip to my son's dismay). The staff was courteous. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. The pool was great and the hot tub was, too. The breakfast had great options (everything from fresh fruit to cereal to waffle makers to biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs). There was a fitness room that we didn't use, but the equipment looked nice and in good condition. The rooms were quiet and by that I mean that they seemed well-insulated. There wasn't any noise from the hall or the adjacent rooms.

A couple of drawbacks that were relatively minor:
The TV was kind of hard to control, but it was a nice TV (widescreen HDTV) with many channels to choose from.
The water in the shower was HOT! It was hard to figure out where to dial up the shower so you wouldn't get scalded.

We will be making yearly trips to the area and this is where we would like to stay again and again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family