“This Is Where We Will Stay When We Go Back”

Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Griffith, Indiana
“This Is Where We Will Stay When We Go Back”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before. This was our first experience and it was a great one! There were fresh cookies when we walked in to check in (but not chocolate chip to my son's dismay). The staff was courteous. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. The pool was great and the hot tub was, too. The breakfast had great options (everything from fresh fruit to cereal to waffle makers to biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs). There was a fitness room that we didn't use, but the equipment looked nice and in good condition. The rooms were quiet and by that I mean that they seemed well-insulated. There wasn't any noise from the hall or the adjacent rooms.

A couple of drawbacks that were relatively minor:
The TV was kind of hard to control, but it was a nice TV (widescreen HDTV) with many channels to choose from.
The water in the shower was HOT! It was hard to figure out where to dial up the shower so you wouldn't get scalded.

We will be making yearly trips to the area and this is where we would like to stay again and again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ShansMan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn with my parents and two small children while traveling from Chicago to Florida. The hotel was easy to find and the check-in process was painless. I had asked for a crib for my son and it was a pack and play type thing waiting in the room when we arrived. The hotel had an indoor pool, a primary reason for us staying there so my son could enjoy some play time. The pool was deserted but extremely clean and had good clean towels for us to use, if a bit small. The hotel offered a evening happy hour and gave me about 6 tickets for free drinks. The drinks were small but it didn't matter since they were free. There seemed to be lots of groups of people staying at the hotel, but everyone was very friendly and considerate. Our room was clean and tidy and even though the hotel seemed almost full, we never heard anyone else while we were in the room. The breakfast in the morning offered many choices, including scrambled eggs, waffles, fresh fruit and sausage and everything was extremely tasty and clean. I asked for directions to a local pharmacy and the young trainee at the desk gave me general, but good enough, directions to the more retail-centric area of town. Overall, I would definitely put this hotel on my list should I ever find myself in Mount Vernon again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lees Summit
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at this location on our way to family vacation. The staff were helpful but a little slow in getting people checked in at the desk.

No real complaints, typical of a Hampton the rooms were nice and the property clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nathatt
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2011

PROS: Easy access from the interstate. Close by several chain restaurants and gas station. Ample lighted parking. Plentiful cookies at the lobby. Indoor pool with sauna. Hot breakfast. Gym had 4 equipments in there along with water dispenser. It also overlooked the swimming pool. Nice modern lobby. Flat screen TV. Enough lights in the room. Bigger ref in the king suite with pull out sofa bed. Ample drawers,tables and chairs. Numerous cable channels. Easy internet connectivity. Digital thermostat. Always available hot water in lobby.
CONS: Only 1 elevator and stairs are at each end of the building. Dark bathroom.No free weights in the gym. Mini closet and coffee maker. No pillows in the closet for the pull out sofa. Waited 30 minutes for the pillows and I had to pick it up myself from the front desk instead of being delivered.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Big_bro_1_usa
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I love Hampton Inns but I have to say that the lady at the front desk was very slow in checking in. She kept getting a bunch of personal phone calls interrupting her from focusing checking in the customers in front of her. Finally I went to the computer in the hotel and made my own reservation so all she had to do was check me in.

Lesson to any hotel manager reading this when a customer is tired and just needs a night sleep have someone who understand and can move fast.

Also this hotel does not have wireless internet, what hotel in 2011 does not have wireless hotel? I'm a business traveler that expects more from Hampton Inns.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times and always found it to be a pleasant stay. It is very conveniently located at the intersection of two interstate highways, and the rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. We particularly enjoyed the breakfast, since everything tasted fresh and was replenished frequently. The breakfast room attendant did a great job, and the breakfast room is large enough to accommodate all the guests. At some other Hamptons where we've stayed, the breakfast has occasionally seemed neglected. This is not so here. The management should be congratulated on it's friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eastmidwest
Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed January 22, 2011

If you plan to have a comfortable bed, helpful staff, clean room where you do not need to spray Lysol in every nook and cranny and need a quiet, comfortable atmosphere, then stay here. I always stay at this location when I travel to Mt. Vernon, which is usually every month. The only down side to this property is there is not a place to order food on the premesis. They do serve a hot breakfast, have two complimentary cocktails throughout the week at the end of the business day, fresh coffee, and a fireplace in the lobby. There are many places to eat within walking distance and it is right off of the interstate. They do have a 100% guarantee but chances are, you will never use it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo