“We survived.”

and 1 more site!
Affordable Inn
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was without question the roughest looking hotel I ever stayed in and staff actual had me go look at the room first before I agreed to rent it. The room was very old looking. I checked the bed for bugs and didn't find any. I stood in the middle of the room and looked at it real close and decided this is what you get for 52.00. I went out to the car and told my wife its old but it seems to be clean and theres no bugs and its 52.00 total. We got a great nights sleep and we had cereal in the morning and left. I want to thank the staff for being honest enough to let me look at the room first and make a decision before I laid my money down. Thank you.

Room Tip: This is a hotel for people that are ready to compromise there standards. Its very old and rough. I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don C

Reviewed December 5, 2012

$70.00 plus dollars and got a bad nights sleep and a bad stpmach ache from the breaksfast! I am a healthy person and I should have stayed with the cereal. Might have been able to weather the storm. The rooms are in need of an update very bad. Beds have definetly had a few people sleeping in them and the carpet scared me. Don't even know if they had a swimming pool and/or a work out facility. If they did I would be scared!!! The A/C unit didn't even work. This was the worst $70.00 spent. Don't waste your money!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We are taking a trip in our RV and on our way thru decided to stop for the night at the large gravel parking lot of this motel. At 1:15 am we were awakened by a "gentleman" who told us "move or be towed." We take many trips and have stayed at americas best value hotel before when we were traveling by auto, we will never stay there again. And I might add that I do not believe America's Best Value Hotel is not ran by Americans. The lot was very large and not crowded. I hope someday this "gentleman" is awarded the same curtesy he extened these weary travelers!

Room Tip: Travel on and find a real value!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We pulled in around 9:00pm needing a place to sleep and shower. If I had my way about it I would had stayed down the street. The room was old, carpet had holes in it, as well as the blankets. The walls needed painted, the bed was off level. The door was hard to lock. I would not even eat breakfast because I did not want to deal with the people who ran the hotel. I would not recomend my worst enemy to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

the staff was very friendly and nice older motel but very clean but need some work the shower is like standing in this world and need a elevator too many steps to climb to get to the top but I guess is good for truck driver right we need to lose weight when you get finished driving 11 hours the last thing you want to do is climb a lot of steps ask 4 the first floor and got it awesome but very very quiet so you able to get some sleep and plenty of truck parking

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was expecting a crappy room for the price but I was pleasantly surprised! I've stayed in much more expensive places where there was some annoying problem in the room. Here, even though the building is old, my room was immaculately clean and EVERYTHING worked perfectly. All lamps, microwave, mini-fridge, TV, radio, hairdryer, air conditioner, etc...I had a GREAT hot shower, more than enough towels and a fast internet connection. A decent desk and easy chair and the bed was nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The staff were very polite and there was a mini breakfast in the lobby with clean tables, and a big screen TV. Give this place a try if you are passing through and you don't have 5 star expectations. Only thing I didn't like was no coffee maker in the room. Stayed 3 nights

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Front desk very pleasant, excellent Chinese buffet under the same roof, bar-b-que down the street, king size bed, microwave, refrigerator, 80 cable channels, free wireless Internet, art on the wall, quiet, three big white sets of towels, blow drier, adjustable shower head, free breakfast!

I like it!!