“Okay for a brief overnight on the road.”

Motel 6 Mount Vernon
Motel 6 Mount Vernon
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at way better and cleaner Motel 6's. It was just okay. Clean enough. Bed okay. Accomodated us with lower level for mobility issues and dog. Great empty grassy lot to exercise dog!

Tip: it's behind the America's Best Inn although the motel 6 sign is right next to the other hotel, was confusing late at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has potential if they would spray for ants!! Also if this hotel would get rid of the moldy shower curtains the start would be better.. Don't get me wrong this is just an affordable hotel but having ants in the room and moldy shower curtains is not exceptable!
I hope they address the problem!

• Stayed: August 2012
atheneonm6, General Manager at Motel 6 Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Reviewer:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 #4658 Mount Vernon. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Perfect for a quick overnight stay. No frills, good staff, clean room, comfortable bed. The parking lot was well lit and the place felt safe. In my room I heard no road noise or noise from other rooms. A/C was quiet and powerful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Motel 6 is a good place to stay when you are traveling on a budget. Mount Vernon is at a crossroads of 2 interstates, I-57, and I-64, and is a good place to stop. It's not too big of a town, but big enough to offer a choice of motels, gas stations and restaurants. I found that the interstate around Mount Vernon is currently under reconstruction, so be aware of that, with traffic being reduced to one lane in each direction. I had no trouble finding this Motel 6, and it was easy to check in and spend the night. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Newly remodeled. Very affordable. The staff was very nice and helpful. Many restaurants nearby. I would highly recommend! :)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ahappygirl
atheneonm6, General Manager at Motel 6 Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Reviewed December 23, 2011

we got a late start and night driving and rain are not for us. I checked on tripadvisor and the reviews were ok and the price for the room could not be beat. The front desk was friendly but I was under the impression this was a new motel 6 or remodeled. The bath tub was rusted on the bottom, the towels were stained but the worse part was one of the beds when I pulled the blanket down was full of dog hair. I called the front desk and they offered to change our room but we were already unpacked and my family had left to go get a late dinner. The owner/manage came and changed the sheets but he was not pleasant - I did not realize until after the conforter also had dog hair on it. Will not stay here again but in their defense i really think the previous "guest" hid the fact of an animal and the made it appear no one slept in that bed. However someone should have checked. It is just so sad because once again all the front desk people we came in contact with were very nice. they even gave us coupons for the hardees next door and a newspaper .

Room Tip: the price,location to the interstate are great, the Hardees next door is the best, they made a fresh...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed here at the last minute on our return from California. We were going to drive on through but didn't want to drive through storms at night. We checked in at 11:30 pm. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. This motel is refurbished and is not the same one that was in the Motel 6 guide. When we called the number in the guide and set up a hold we found out that it was not Motel 6 any longer but someplace called Cozy Inn. When we saw the new Motel 6 we stopped in and stayed there instead.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family