All reviewsfront deskhour poolhot tubsafe chargewafflesfire pitthe mexican restaurantopen hoursthird floorample roomsofa bedwould definitely stay here againsausagebusiness centerhot breakfastking suiteallow pets
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I were on our way north, going to a wedding, and we looked at TripAdvisor for a place on our route. Mt Vernon Comfort Inn and Suites was on the top of the advised places to stay. The advise could not have been better. I first called to get the best rate I could and I was satisfied with what I was quoted. Upon arrival, which was later in the evening, we were assigned a very spacious room, nice decor and ample room to move about. The bed was a king and very comfortable. Our sleep was very free of outside noise. The breakfast the next morning was a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, bisquits and gravy or a waffle you make yourself. There were also delicious coffee, juices of three varieties, muffins, rolls, toast and more. Checkout was easy and off we went. I would "HIGHLY" recommend this hotel if you are passing through the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were super pleased with our recent stay at the Comfort Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was "a breath of fresh air". The breakfast was plentiful and good. Appreciate it!!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2010

After checking the reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to book a night's stay at the Comfort Suites Mount Vernon during our cross-country road trip.

On arrival, the hotel lobby looked nicely decorated, as did our guestroom. My mother decided to take a nap while I did some work in the business center. She awoke an hour later, in a mixture of shrieking and crying. Her face was surrounded by a large mass of BED BUGS (30 or more), all red and engorged (meaning they had just fed).

This, needless to say, was both disgusting and very scary. We notified the hotel desk immediately. They offered to find another vacant room, but otherwise treated the matter with astonishing nonchalance.

In the end, we had to discard some of our personal possessions (pillows, e.g.) because the bed bugs had already made their way into those items. The worst part is that we had to move to a new hotel at 2 a.m. on day 5 of a very long and tiring road trip. What a disaster!

I would never stay at this hotel again in a million years.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank OC_Traveler_9876
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Mt. Vernon Comfort Suites is one of the Nicest Comfort Suites we've ever stayed in.
Very nicely decorated, spacious with a great bed and very soft sheets. One of the few "double sheeted" beds we've stayed in recently which is such a luxury.
We'll make a point of remembering this particular Comfort Suites to stay in again.

The staff was very pleasant; the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Their breakfast staff was very attentive to making sure the food didn't run out.

It was nicer than any Fairfield I've stayed at. Very happy to have found this Comfort Suites. Kudos to Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patrishg
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and I feel that this hotel has much improved. The management is superb and they really care about making sure that everything is the way it should be.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business