“ONE OF THE BEST COMFORT SUITES WE'VE STAYED IN”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Mt. Vernon Comfort Suites is one of the Nicest Comfort Suites we've ever stayed in.
Very nicely decorated, spacious with a great bed and very soft sheets. One of the few "double sheeted" beds we've stayed in recently which is such a luxury.
We'll make a point of remembering this particular Comfort Suites to stay in again.

The staff was very pleasant; the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Their breakfast staff was very attentive to making sure the food didn't run out.

It was nicer than any Fairfield I've stayed at. Very happy to have found this Comfort Suites. Kudos to Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patrishg

Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and I feel that this hotel has much improved. The management is superb and they really care about making sure that everything is the way it should be.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Our family loved everything about this place. My only negative was the price. I thought it was a bit high after staying at 4 other hotels on our vacation. We were just passing through, so we took a chance that we could find a room at all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Spent the night here while traveling north. Convenient location right off the highway. Clean, comfortable all the way around - lobby, breakfast area, rooms. Comfy beds with soft sheets, plenty of pillows. Good shower. Pleasant staff. Breakfast offered scrambled eggs, but no meat (sausage, bacon, etc.).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Between May 15 and June 18, my husband and I drove from Portland OR to the East Coast and back with two 60+ lb. dogs in the back of our Toyota Hybrid. In most places we spent a single night. Because I grew up in the area and wanted visit time with family and friends, we stayed two nights in Mt. Vernon IL. We really didn't expect very much when we booked the motel. What we got was a stellar surprise... of the 17 properties we stayed at, this was one of the top three, and the other two were a deluxe hotel in Cambridge MA and one of a group of guest cottages in Provincetown MA. Both of the others cost significantly more than the Mt. Vernon Comfort Suites.

Let me say right off that I'm not a fan of the decorating tastes of the Comfort chain. The decor decisions seem to be what one would expect from a middle-aged Mid-Western lady who's been married for years but has a fierce and passionate secret crush on Christopher Lowell. Within that parameter, the Mt. Vernon property is quite well done.

The public spaces are large and inviting, including the morning breakfast room. Which also pretty much describes our accommodations, including the bathroom. Our room was meticulously clean, which I can attest to because at one point I pulled out both bedside tables to plug in electronic devices and there were no dust bunnies... a condition I've literally never run into before. The sheets and towels, while not of luxury standards, were of the quality I use at home. The wireless internet connection (free) was almost as fast as my own broadband and the TV set was seriously better than the one in our guest room.

I've reserved my highest praise for the staff... which I have to admit was true of most of the places we stayed on this trip... even places I wouldn't care to go back to. In this case, the desk crew didn't blink an eye at the size of our dogs and the $25 fee for having them in our room was one of the most reasonable we dealt with, especially given the superior condition of the furnishings. Ironically, our only serious complaint was about the person(s) in the room next to us who left her/his two small, very barky dogs in their room for much of our first afternoon and early evening. I don't know that the two events are connected but within 20 minutes of my visit to the Front Desk to call their attention to the situation, the guest returned and the dogs were silent for the rest of our stay.

On the two mornings we were there, the woman running the breakfast room was remarkably efficient and very friendly. The breakfast options (self-made waffles, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, pastries, etc.) were as good as any we didn't have to pay extra for and better than most we woke up to.

In regard to location and freeway access, the property is quite well sited. It is, admittedly, surrounded by the sorts of generic freeway services we have learned is almost inevitable, but a couple of the proximate chain restaurants appear to be quite popular with the locals.

If you have any reason to stay in one of the small towns within 30 or 40 miles of this property, I would strongly encourage you to give the Comfort Suites a priority. I'm pretty sure it will be a stellar surprise for you as well.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Commci
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Florida, we arrived after 10:00 pm and were greeted with open arms. Our room with 3 queens and sofa sleeper was perfect for the 5 of us. The bed was very comfortable. We figured the kids would not get to swim because we got in so late. but the pool is open 24 hours. Nice pool with plenty of room and a nice hot tub.
Complimentary breakfast was good with the make it yourself waffels.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Very nice staff. Great rate, great rooms, very comfortable beds.

Watched them welcome a couple with a large Golden Retriever.

Very happy with everything here!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family