“Nice overnight stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Emporia, Kansas
“Nice overnight stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Comfort Suites looked brand new and had excellent amenities for a reasonable price. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator plus more than enough room. One. nice room feature were the high quality pillows. The hotel was close to the highway and had exercise room, a small convenience store, a good free breakfast and most importantly, a very friendly staff. The only shirtco.ing was the hard to adjust air conditioning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
To our valued guest: I want to personally thank you for giving us your valued feedback. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the new condition of our hotel. The owner and everyone at the property level work hard to keep the property in "like new " condition. I am glad you appreciated our breakfast , quality pillows and the friendliness of the hotel staff. I will recognize the staff for a job well done. I will followup to ensure the ac in your guest room is operating correctly and is as user friendly as possible. I do hope you return and tell others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way home to MIlwaukee from New Orleans. We tried to call ahead, but our phomes kept dropping the call. Nevertheless, when we rrived, Tasha knew who we were and offered us a great room. She also gave us a great recommendation for a local pizza place nearby. The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. Love this chain of hotels! The hot breakfast was okay--not as good at other Comfort Suites. My husband remarked that he didn't how anyone could ruin scrambled eggs. They offered sausages and other cereals, yogurt, waffles, etc. The usual fare.
We were very impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Great hotel chain!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
To our valued guest: I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your hotel experience. I will recognize Tasha for making a positive difference at check-in. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds and appreciated the friendliness of our people. I will followup to ensure we do better in breakfast . I do hope you return and tell others.
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

After traveling 800 miles, I was just hoping for a hot shower and good bed. What I got was so much more! The reception was warm and genuine, service was kind and professional, the hotel spotless, the room clean and refreshing.
This hotel is at a typical highway pitstop, but is anything but typical. I'd go out of my way to stay at this Comfort Suites!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
To our valued guest

I personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very pleased to hear you were pleased with our service and cleanliness. These two items are the foundation of the hotel business.(Friendliness and Cleanliness) I will share your comments with my staff and recognize them for a job well done. We do hope you will return and tell others.
North Little Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this property on our way to and back from Chicago. The second night was free due to our points. The property is very clean, with a great pool and breakfast. Our room was spacious with comfortable beds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
To our valued guest

I want to personally thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review. Thank you for letting me know you were pleased with the hotel's cleanliness, pool, breakfast, beds and the size of the Suite you stayed in. I will share your comments with my staff and recognize them for a job well done. We do hope you will return and tell others.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a quality motel our stay was wonderful. The rooms are clean and extremely nice. Customer service was great and the continental breakfast very good. I would recommend this motel to all my friends and family

• Stayed August 2013
To our valued guest

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent hotel experience. Thank you for letting us know you were pleased with our cleanliness, service and breakfast. I will share your comments with my staff and recognize them for a job well done. We value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here and staff was on top of everything, loved the breakfast.
Room was clean, bed good shape, and noise cancelling good.It is not brand new but is being kept up well- will stop again. Pet friendly and no $100 fee.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Priscilla58
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
To our valued guest

I want to thank you for your comments. I will share your comments with my staff and recognize them for making a positive difference. I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay. We do hope to see you again .

Respectfully,
Kerry Dodson- General Manager
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wow....simply great stay. I was genuinely amazed from check in to check out. My only issue was that the beds were a little too firm for my liking, but otherwise, I slept pretty well. So, the front desk staff were incredible!!! It's hotel is non-smoking but EXTREMELY pet friendly. The staff loves dogs and fawned over my two dogs (a Yorkie and a Cockapoo mix). They were very friendly and kind in all aspects of service. Rooms were very clean and the facilities were well cared for. The breakfast was average for hotel fare, nothing great but it was good. Breakfast staff were very attentive. If I am out this way again, I will, without a doubt, stay here again. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly for families with pets.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ExistentialAngst
To our valued guest:

I want to personally thank you for your kind comments. We pride ourself on cleanliness and friendliness. We are pet friendly and proud to say so. I will share your comments with my staff and give recognition appropriately. I cant thank you enough for giving us detailed feedback. We do hope to see you again.

Respectfully,