All reviewsfront deskhour poolhot tubsafe chargewafflesfire pitthe mexican restaurantopen hoursthird floorample roomsofa bedwould definitely stay here againsausagebusiness centerhot breakfastking suiteallow pets
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We booked rooms for a local wedding. The management and staff went out of their way to help and welcome all of the guests.
All involved commented how nice the facility was.
We highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was in town for a wedding. The staff went out of their way to ensure our satisfaction. They recomended an excellent restaurant and let us use meeting space to congregate. I shouldnt be suprised my the excellent service as the staff even housekeeping seemed to be happy and that showed. The pool area was open late night for adults and the breakfast was more than adequate. Was a little disapointed the restaurant next door was not open yet. The staff said it will be a popular BBQ restaurant but didnt catch the name. Anyway this hotel I wouldnt hesitate to recomend to others.

Room Tip: 3rd floor Suite facing backside was quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over a weekend for a family funeral and we were more than pleased with our stay. They offered us a bereavement rate which was appreciated. The jets in the hot tub didn't work but oh well. Still a very nice visit.

Room Tip: Away from the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Modern rooms and a great staff made thia stay as good as possible. The pool and hot tub in the pool area were open 24 hrs Which made it fun for the adults too. Tasha made the check in painless and quick... The kids were ready for the pool which even even had extra towles available poolside. Internet Access is included in the price of the room as well.. Great breakfast also for us all!! Thanks for the great stay !!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed one night at Mt. Vernon Comfort Suites during New Year's week. Property is set at a location near I-57/64, within blocks of many restaurants. Was able to check in a little earlier than 3 pm (we got into town early). We reserved a pet room (they have them located on the 3rd floor at an additional $25 non-refundable fee). The lobby was nice and inviting, to include a fireplace and easy access to breakfast area. Being a dog owner, I was happy they took pets; although some wonder why they are placed on the 3rd floor. Not a big deal to me, plus there are no folks to listen to above you. Here are the pro's and con's:
Pros:
1) Spacious suites: Plently of room to move around to include the bathroom.
2) Comfy Beds: Slept well overnight (although I did not care much for the small, squareish feather pillows).
3) Fridge & Micro: Not used, but nice if needed.
4) Breakfast: Hot offerings (Eggs, bacon, waffles), plenty of breads, cereal, yogurt, etc. Very clean breakfast area.
5) Tidyness: Especially the common areas (lobby, breakfast, halls)
6) Front Desk Staff (afternoon): Kind and attentive to assist when issues arose (read cons for detail).

Cons:
1) Room smell: We were given a pet room (Rm 304), but it smelled like a mix of must & body odor. Figured it may have been the previous guests or the mold in AC vent, so I called front desk. Very nice to assist, gave keys to (2) other rooms to check and given preference. First room (Rm 302) smelled worse than original assigned room, the second (Rm 303) was much better. The smell is not from pets, it is in the carpets! After making foot traffic in the new room, it smelled the same (must and B.O.). We had a bottle of febreeze which made the smell go away for the rest of our stay, but all the rooms are in desperate need of steam cleaning, not just one specific room.
2) Room cleanliness: Much different than things just being tidy, as noted in common areas. There was mold in AC/Heater vents (staff informed and it was cleaned), mold in tub caulking, dust in bathroom ventiliation vent. The basics were accomplished (dust, vacuum, make it look good), but attention to detail would have really helped with a better rating).
3) Manager's Reception: It did not happen. Is advertisted for those staying Mon and Tues evenings and was told over phone when making reservation. Checked that evening, and was told that it was not happening that night (Jan 2nd, due to it being New Year's Week). Found it odd since they said it would be happening the next night on the 3rd, but that did not help since it was a one night stay. It also meant I had to look elsewhere and spend money for dinner, which I had planned not to do since I was told by the staff over the phone it would be happening.

There is a pool and hot tub, indoor and looked nice; did not utilize. They have a small store with snacks & drinks, but it was pretty bare when we stayed. You know, the family slept well (although you can hear your neighbors to the side if they are loud, like ours were at times) and breakfast was very good. But having to change rooms, the carpet smell and lack of attention to cleaning detail drives down my rating. I would not mind staying here again when traveling, but I would talk with management to ensure the place is nice and clean (especially the carpets) before making a reservation.

Room Tip: I did like 3rd floor so there was no one else above me & the family. My neg comments were specific to pet rooms (not just one, as I checked 3 of them). The non-pet rooms may be similar or smell like roses.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank suts11