All reviewsfront deskhour poolhot tubsafe chargewafflesfire pitthe mexican restaurantopen hoursthird floorample roomsofa bedwould definitely stay here againsausagebusiness centerhot breakfastking suiteallow pets
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Not really any thing bad to say. The shower could stand to have more pressure and the wall are very thin. The 2 nites I was there seemed like alot of people with dogs was there. The room I had was nice and big and clean. The drive way to it is pretty rough, needs repaved. The morniing meal was ok. One guy brought his big dog into the eating room to throw something away and the clerk did not say anything. I believe I would have. Over all I would give it 3 1/2 but the 1/2 is not a option

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Have stayed here before on our trips to Florida. Hotel is easy to access from interstate & room was clean. Check your bill carefully as a safe charge was added to the bill when there was no safe in the room. It was very noisy - rapid fire thump, thump, thuimps from the floor above - plumbing? heating? who knows but it sure was annoying early in the morning. Best part of the stay was the Mexican Restaurant - Agave - next door.

Room Tip: stay on the top floor!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I recently stayed one night at the Comfort Suites in Mt. Vernon for a work event while traveling with my son and husband.

Room: Our room had one King-size bed and a couch that (I understand) pulled out into a sofa sleeper. The room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. There was ample room for us to set up the pack n' play for my son and still have walking space! The furniture was very tasteful, not dated. The bathroom was good sized--easy to get in and shut the door without having to squeeze (you know the ones where you can hardly get in and turn around to shut the door!) I love the curved curtain rods! In-room coffee was decent, nothing extravagant but that's ok. I was very pleased with the bed, it was very comfortable. Our room came equipped with a microwave and refrigerator--SO great to have when traveling with a toddler! We brought our own snacks, whole milk, etc for him and loved having the fridge to keep it in (as opposed to keeping it in the cooler and having to keep icing it down all night.)

Cleanliness: Since I was traveling with a toddler, I am particularly concerned with the carpets being cleaned. I've been to some hotels where I've had to pick up...nasty items...found on the floor to keep them away from him. Thankfully this hotel had clean floors! The bathroom was very clean, hallways clean, pool area clean!

The pool was decent. It was a little cold for my liking (and my son's) but not freezing. The pool area was well stocked with towels, which I always appreciate so we didn't have to use our room bath towels.

Location: The hotel is very close to the interstate. There is a "Pasta House" in front of the hotel--that is closed/out of business--and that is where you enter. We came in after dark and it was well-enough marked that we didn't have any problem figuring out how to get to the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants nearby too.

We asked for a late check-out and they were more than accommodating--we're so grateful for that!

All-in-all a very nice hotel and I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Though we were just passing through for the night and didn't experience much, I want to say this is a very clean and well lit hotel to come into in the evening hours.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

when booking are rooms in adavance for our girls weekend the manager of this hotel (kerry)was excellent to work with he gave us great rates and even let us use a meeting room to gather in. there were 21 of us ladies from 6 different states that met here to visit for the weekend. unfortunatley kerry the manager didnt work 24/7 and his staff was not as friendly or eager to please. we were constantly told to stay in our rooms or to keep it down. i must let you know that not a one of us were under 43 and most over 50. so if you are planning a trip and want a peaceful night. this is your place. if you are a group and plan on talking and visiting, then you should look somewhere else. perhaps the holiday inn. it is a more lively hotel with a not so stuffy staff. but in all comfort inn suites is clean and very nice. just wasnt right for the type of stay we had planned.... but not from the lack of trying by the manager kerry.. he was great.. staff sucked

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends