“Clean, large rooms with great amentities!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was a last minute stop and we just wanted a clean place to sleep; however we were pleasantly surprised that they had hot breakfast...not just a waffle maker....,large rooms, and a 24 hour cardio room and 24 hour pool with hot tub! The surrounding hotels were the same price with less to offer.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed September 27, 2011

My family used this hotel because of the death of my mother. The hotel allowed us to use the dining room for serving lunch to a group of approximately 40 people. The room would hold around 60-to-65 people. We were able to have the local restaurant deliver the food and it was held in the kitchen area until we needed the food. The hotel also had one of the breakfast servers stay to help clean up after the people ate. We did pay for this service; however, this was more than reasonable. We were very happy with the arrangement and the service during this time.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were nice. We had four rooms and the rooms were under a discounted charge because of the passing of a family member. We were able to get the rooms in the same location so all the family members would be together.

The breakfast is very nice and you should get your fill of food. They served eggs, waffles, cereal, muffins, bread, milk, juices, coffee and teas. The also had apples, oranges and bananas. We had a very nice breakfast and was able to meet with family members without any problems.

My room has a king size bed, refrigerator, microwave, sofa and plenty of parking. I did not see any stain problems nor other signs of wear and tear. I was very happy with my room.

The only thing that I did not like was three empty beer bottles in the yard next to the hotel where a empty restaurant was located. This location is near several different restaurants and within driving distance of several others. Most places that you might need (Walmart, Walgreens, restaurants, gas stations, other hotels and the interstate) were within one mile or less to the hotel.

There was a computer that you could use to check your email or they had connections that can be used in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stay in this hotel once a week on business. The staff is very accommodating. They always work to make certain all our needs are met. The hotel is very clean. The breakfast is delicious and the hostess works hard to make sure you get your fill.

I have stayed in almost every room in the building. Stay closer to the middle if you want the strongest wireless signal. The third floor is the most quiet. The hot tub only works about half the time, but when it does it is good and hot.

The pool is a nice size for fun with kids, as our grandchildren join us occassionally. As a rule, the hotel is quiet and not overused. Only on rare occassions have we dealth with basketball teams and cheerleading squads.

For the money, this is a lovely hotel. You won't find a better value. And if you aren't already a Choice Privileges member, what are you waiting for? It is a great chain with great perks!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were really impressed with this hotel (with the exception of the wimpy pillows) until 2:00 am when a noise went off sounding like a carpet shampooer immediately outside of our door waking up my family - two adults, two teens. After a few minutes, I had to go to the front desk. The clerk (David) apologized for the sound, but said it was the mechanical room and he had no way of shutting it off. Bottom line - it wasn't the mechanical room, but another unlabeled room that houses nothing but a water softener that as it turns out, goes off at exactly 2:00 am and is loud as anything. It lasted until 2:25-2:30,

I am not a light sleeper. I usually don't wake up. This was LOUD. In the morning, the front desk clerk said she apologized and that we should never have been given that room as they are the last rooms to let out (I don't know what the "rooms" meant because we had only 1 room, so beware any room on the first floor to the right of the lobby). It was most disappointing because when we had checked in, they had already assigned a room (the keys were ready and didn't have to be programmed) to us. And, they are fully (I repeat FULLY) aware of this issue. It's not a group of loud guests that they can't control. It is a physical fault of the hotel.

That being said, they did give us a 50% credit on our room.

While I was impressed with the hotel (compares nicely to a Hyatt Place), and I have no doubt this would have been a completely favorable review had we been in a different room, my experience was bad enough (even with a 50% credit) to avoid Comfort Suites in the future for fear they have other design flaws which they are aware of and have not corrected.

As long as you can avoid that section of the hotel, I would expect that you will be pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor to the right of the lobby at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Falcarragh13
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My sister and I traveled recently with our total of 4 children. We had stayed at a Comfort Suites on the way out to our destination so we new it would accommodate the 6 of us comfortably. The rooms we booked had 2 queen beds, 1 sofa bed, microwave, fridge, and free breakfast. The rooms were clean, but the sofa was stained. It is a pet friendly hotel so there was a bit of barking in the morning with dogs needing to "go" out, but it wasn't too obnoxious and the kids got a kick out of it. The staff at both Comfort Suites we stayed in (the other was Fairview Heights, IL) were extremely friendly and helpful. I was impressed with the customer service.

There were several restaurants within walking distance and/or a short drive away. There were al(so several stores to shop at within a mile or so (Kohl's, K-Mart, Sears, Penney to name a few).

Room Tip: Sofa bed was good for kids, would not be too comfortable for older teens or adults.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was a great place to spend the night on our way back East.

There are at least two restaurants within walking distance; one serves Mexican and the other Italian. There is a gas station that is close to the hotel as well. This made for an easy pit stop as we made our way back on the road.

There was room to park our UHaul, which was towing our car.

There are all sorts of places close by to pick up odds and ends that you may need for your trip. I made a run to a SuperCenter which was less than a mile away.

Six of us spent the night in a spacious suite. There was plenty of room, the beds were comfortable, and everything smelled like . . . well . . . . nothing! Clean! Nothing stinky to cover up.

My only recommendation is to head to breakfast early because the seating is limited. We brought our food back to the room, which worked out perfectly.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Hotel is close to interstate. Certain rooms may be more quiet than others.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed with 5 family members and 2 dogs, asked to be on the top floor, on an end of the hotel. The staff made things easy.

The pool was nice and clean.

The hotel is quiet and the bedding, carpets, and towels looked new.

The staff is pleasant and flexible (some of the information / request made on the Quality Inn reservation site did not get transferred to the hotel). Lesson learned: make the reservation on line and call directly to the hotel to verify the information.

The price was very good.

The parking was well lighted.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family