All reviewsfront deskhour poolhot tubsafe chargewafflesfire pitthe mexican restaurantopen hoursthird floorample roomsofa bedwould definitely stay here againsausagebusiness centerhot breakfastking suiteallow pets
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were really impressed with this hotel (with the exception of the wimpy pillows) until 2:00 am when a noise went off sounding like a carpet shampooer immediately outside of our door waking up my family - two adults, two teens. After a few minutes, I had to go to the front desk. The clerk (David) apologized for the sound, but said it was the mechanical room and he had no way of shutting it off. Bottom line - it wasn't the mechanical room, but another unlabeled room that houses nothing but a water softener that as it turns out, goes off at exactly 2:00 am and is loud as anything. It lasted until 2:25-2:30,

I am not a light sleeper. I usually don't wake up. This was LOUD. In the morning, the front desk clerk said she apologized and that we should never have been given that room as they are the last rooms to let out (I don't know what the "rooms" meant because we had only 1 room, so beware any room on the first floor to the right of the lobby). It was most disappointing because when we had checked in, they had already assigned a room (the keys were ready and didn't have to be programmed) to us. And, they are fully (I repeat FULLY) aware of this issue. It's not a group of loud guests that they can't control. It is a physical fault of the hotel.

That being said, they did give us a 50% credit on our room.

While I was impressed with the hotel (compares nicely to a Hyatt Place), and I have no doubt this would have been a completely favorable review had we been in a different room, my experience was bad enough (even with a 50% credit) to avoid Comfort Suites in the future for fear they have other design flaws which they are aware of and have not corrected.

As long as you can avoid that section of the hotel, I would expect that you will be pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor to the right of the lobby at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Falcarragh13
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My sister and I traveled recently with our total of 4 children. We had stayed at a Comfort Suites on the way out to our destination so we new it would accommodate the 6 of us comfortably. The rooms we booked had 2 queen beds, 1 sofa bed, microwave, fridge, and free breakfast. The rooms were clean, but the sofa was stained. It is a pet friendly hotel so there was a bit of barking in the morning with dogs needing to "go" out, but it wasn't too obnoxious and the kids got a kick out of it. The staff at both Comfort Suites we stayed in (the other was Fairview Heights, IL) were extremely friendly and helpful. I was impressed with the customer service.

There were several restaurants within walking distance and/or a short drive away. There were al(so several stores to shop at within a mile or so (Kohl's, K-Mart, Sears, Penney to name a few).

Room Tip: Sofa bed was good for kids, would not be too comfortable for older teens or adults.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was a great place to spend the night on our way back East.

There are at least two restaurants within walking distance; one serves Mexican and the other Italian. There is a gas station that is close to the hotel as well. This made for an easy pit stop as we made our way back on the road.

There was room to park our UHaul, which was towing our car.

There are all sorts of places close by to pick up odds and ends that you may need for your trip. I made a run to a SuperCenter which was less than a mile away.

Six of us spent the night in a spacious suite. There was plenty of room, the beds were comfortable, and everything smelled like . . . well . . . . nothing! Clean! Nothing stinky to cover up.

My only recommendation is to head to breakfast early because the seating is limited. We brought our food back to the room, which worked out perfectly.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Hotel is close to interstate. Certain rooms may be more quiet than others.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed with 5 family members and 2 dogs, asked to be on the top floor, on an end of the hotel. The staff made things easy.

The pool was nice and clean.

The hotel is quiet and the bedding, carpets, and towels looked new.

The staff is pleasant and flexible (some of the information / request made on the Quality Inn reservation site did not get transferred to the hotel). Lesson learned: make the reservation on line and call directly to the hotel to verify the information.

The price was very good.

The parking was well lighted.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My family of four stayed one night over 4th of July weekend, needing to be close to Rend Lake (About a 15-20 minute ride). We we got 2 rooms, one King for the adults & a separate 2-Queens for the kids--both were clean and spacious. The bathroom was very clean. There was a large refrigerator (bigger than most mini-fridges you find in hotel rooms) and a microwave.
The King bed was SO comfortable, I think mainly because the sheets felt like they were of a high thread count. I didn't wake up once during the night, which is unusual for me in a hotel. Loved the bed!!
The free breakfast consisted of scrambled and hard-boiled eggs; bacon; make-your-own waffles (plain and blueberry); many types of bread for toasting (as well as pre-made French toast); Yoplait yogurt; dry cereal (Cheerios, raisin bran and cornflakes); packets of oatmeal; pastries and of course, coffee. I didn't expect the hot choices, so that was a pleasant surprise.
The air-conditioning unit is under the window, and digital, so it was very easy to set it for exactly the right temperature. I hate when hotels have vents close to the ceiling that end up blowing cold air directly on me all night! Outside temps during our stay were close to 100 degrees, and the unit kept up beautifully.
We swam in the pool (open 24 hours according to the front desk) briefly, very refreshing and appeared clean.
Our kids were in the next room and when I called their room, I couldn't even hear the phone ring. We never heard any outside or guest noise.
Overall, we were very pleasantly surprised at this hotel. It's been years since we stayed at a Comfort Suites (we do most of our vacations at Walt Disney World, on property) but this hotel was a reasonably priced option for us that exceeded our expectations. We were especially pleased at our choice of hotel after seeing the accommodations that our traveling companions experienced at Rend Lake Resort!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family