All reviews front desk hot tub hour pool safe charge waffles fire pit the mexican restaurant open hours third floor sitting area ample room sofa bed would definitely stay here again sausage nice pool business center hot breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was a great place to spend the night on our way back East.

There are at least two restaurants within walking distance; one serves Mexican and the other Italian. There is a gas station that is close to the hotel as well. This made for an easy pit stop as we made our way back on the road.

There was room to park our UHaul, which was towing our car.

There are all sorts of places close by to pick up odds and ends that you may need for your trip. I made a run to a SuperCenter which was less than a mile away.

Six of us spent the night in a spacious suite. There was plenty of room, the beds were comfortable, and everything smelled like . . . well . . . . nothing! Clean! Nothing stinky to cover up.

My only recommendation is to head to breakfast early because the seating is limited. We brought our food back to the room, which worked out perfectly.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Hotel is close to interstate. Certain rooms may be more quiet than others.
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed with 5 family members and 2 dogs, asked to be on the top floor, on an end of the hotel. The staff made things easy.

The pool was nice and clean.

The hotel is quiet and the bedding, carpets, and towels looked new.

The staff is pleasant and flexible (some of the information / request made on the Quality Inn reservation site did not get transferred to the hotel). Lesson learned: make the reservation on line and call directly to the hotel to verify the information.

The price was very good.

The parking was well lighted.

We will definitely stay there again.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My family of four stayed one night over 4th of July weekend, needing to be close to Rend Lake (About a 15-20 minute ride). We we got 2 rooms, one King for the adults & a separate 2-Queens for the kids--both were clean and spacious. The bathroom was very clean. There was a large refrigerator (bigger than most mini-fridges you find in hotel rooms) and a microwave.
The King bed was SO comfortable, I think mainly because the sheets felt like they were of a high thread count. I didn't wake up once during the night, which is unusual for me in a hotel. Loved the bed!!
The free breakfast consisted of scrambled and hard-boiled eggs; bacon; make-your-own waffles (plain and blueberry); many types of bread for toasting (as well as pre-made French toast); Yoplait yogurt; dry cereal (Cheerios, raisin bran and cornflakes); packets of oatmeal; pastries and of course, coffee. I didn't expect the hot choices, so that was a pleasant surprise.
The air-conditioning unit is under the window, and digital, so it was very easy to set it for exactly the right temperature. I hate when hotels have vents close to the ceiling that end up blowing cold air directly on me all night! Outside temps during our stay were close to 100 degrees, and the unit kept up beautifully.
We swam in the pool (open 24 hours according to the front desk) briefly, very refreshing and appeared clean.
Our kids were in the next room and when I called their room, I couldn't even hear the phone ring. We never heard any outside or guest noise.
Overall, we were very pleasantly surprised at this hotel. It's been years since we stayed at a Comfort Suites (we do most of our vacations at Walt Disney World, on property) but this hotel was a reasonably priced option for us that exceeded our expectations. We were especially pleased at our choice of hotel after seeing the accommodations that our traveling companions experienced at Rend Lake Resort!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stopped here with my family while on a trip to St. Louis. I looked up the telephone number of the hotel before I left the house and contacted them a couple of times on my way there to find out how many rooms they had left. I did this because we got a late start from the house and I didn't know if I would be able to drive that far on this evening. When I decided I could make it, I made a reservation about an hour out and the woman at the desk knew who I was from my voice on the phone. They are a very friendly staff and this made a nice stopover point for our trip. The breakfast was great the next morning with sausage and bacon. The only knocks that I have about the place is the fact that our tub drained very slowly and that grosses me out considerably when I'm standing ankle deep in water at a motel. (I told the manager the next day and they said that it would be taken care of.) They have the "soft" water which makes me feel like I'm still soapy even after I've rinsed off. It is also a bit of a maze to get back into the hotel, so, if staying there look for the little signs. Other than those nits to pick, it was a very nice stay.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

My first time to stay at a Comfort Suites, as I generally look for less expensive accommodations when I'm on the road, but I had enough points to redeem for a free Choice Privileges night at this location and figured I'd splurge a bit.

The location is convenient to everything at this interstate crossroads town, but getting into the parking lot is a bit tricky. You have to go through the entrance to the pasta restaurant and if you don't watch out, you'll turn into the closed restaurant next door trying to get into the parking lot.

This appears to be a fairly new motel. Everything was spotlessly clean, bed was very comfortable, and they had a good breakfast but they had sausage patties and no biscuits & gravy, which I would normally eat with sausage.

Only a couple of nitpicks. One is that the air conditioner took forever to cool off the room, and it was a fairly hot day when I stayed. Also, the water shower pressure wasn't as good as I like. Plus, the water is "slimy water" so it feels like you cannot get the soap rinsed off of you. That's not really the fault of the motel, but it would be worth it for them to buy a water softener.

A very nice hotel and I would definitely recommend it if you want a clean, comfortable place to stay the night. I probably wouldn't stay here if I was paying for it because I generally seek cheaper accommodations, but for a free night it was outstanding and if you like this type of hotel if you're paying the bill, you'll love this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo