All reviews front desk hot tub hour pool safe charge waffles fire pit the mexican restaurant open hours third floor sitting area ample room sofa bed would definitely stay here again sausage nice pool business center hot breakfast
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My first time to stay at a Comfort Suites, as I generally look for less expensive accommodations when I'm on the road, but I had enough points to redeem for a free Choice Privileges night at this location and figured I'd splurge a bit.

The location is convenient to everything at this interstate crossroads town, but getting into the parking lot is a bit tricky. You have to go through the entrance to the pasta restaurant and if you don't watch out, you'll turn into the closed restaurant next door trying to get into the parking lot.

This appears to be a fairly new motel. Everything was spotlessly clean, bed was very comfortable, and they had a good breakfast but they had sausage patties and no biscuits & gravy, which I would normally eat with sausage.

Only a couple of nitpicks. One is that the air conditioner took forever to cool off the room, and it was a fairly hot day when I stayed. Also, the water shower pressure wasn't as good as I like. Plus, the water is "slimy water" so it feels like you cannot get the soap rinsed off of you. That's not really the fault of the motel, but it would be worth it for them to buy a water softener.

A very nice hotel and I would definitely recommend it if you want a clean, comfortable place to stay the night. I probably wouldn't stay here if I was paying for it because I generally seek cheaper accommodations, but for a free night it was outstanding and if you like this type of hotel if you're paying the bill, you'll love this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I left one of the competitors after horrible service, but I was concerned about my 25 pound, 3 year old spaniel mix.
The front desk clerk gave me a room on the third floor (because we had our pet and I don't like rooms that are not on the top floor - I don't like hearing people running and jumping over me while I am trying to relax).
Anyway, the pet fee is 25 nightly and my three teen/young adult children enjoyed the pool area. My disabled mother had no problems with access to the room, bathroom, or any part of the hotel. It was very clean and I was actually surprised that it did not smell bad (with it being a pet-friendly hotel). This is a non-smoking hotel, so that helped with cleanliness. There were even 8 "special visitors" in the parking lot (a family of deer just walking around, hanging out) and that made it a sweeter visit (to have a bit of nature so close to the hotel).
It can get noisy at this hotel, but it was not too bad because we were up on the top floor; the lobby and pool area can become quite busy. There were many people enjoying themselves in the breakfast area playing card games, reading, watching television and just chatting, which I thought was very nice. There were no problems with the room, as it was very clean and the staff offered us extra towels without me having to ask. This property has only one elevator, and your pet is not supposed to be on the elevator if others are on it, so it coud lead to a very long wait if the hotel is completely booked (which it was this passed week due to the snow and ice a few days ago).
My only complaint (and it really is not a complaint, but to compare it to another hotel I frequent every month), is that this hotel only has complimentary beer and wine on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday compaired to every weekday there (ok - the Hampton Inn) and fresh baked cookies on the weekends.
I wll certainly stay here again if I bring my pet; if I come alone, like I usually do, I will stay at the other place, but this is a great property to stay in and relax. I think the pet fee is a bit too much. I think a 25 one night fee, or two or more nighlyt fee of 50 is better than per night, but I would rather pay the per night fee here than the 20 per stay fee at the "Not-so-Holiday Bates Hotel" that I left.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This was one of the nicest hotels we have EVER stayed in, extremely clean, luxury PLUS... Very pleasant, helpful staff.. Rooms UNBELIEVABLY CLEAN... Very good breakfast!! Will DEFINITELY stay here again and again!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Stayed here with pets on a trip up to Indiana. After a long day of driving, we checked into the hotel. The staff was helpful as I had messed up using a discount card for the stay. Room was on the top floor - spacious, clean, relaxing. I heard one or two other dogs bark once as I was walking down the hallway, otherwise you had no idea anyone else was in the hotel. Nice and quiet. Breakfast was typical free hotel fare. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canatrace
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My husband and I spent a night at this hotel with our 3 children (ages 10, 7, & 4 ) at the recommendation of friends while in the area for a sporting event. We did need to call for directions while en route as the street address did not show up in our GPS, but the front desk clerk was very helpful and knowledgeable and gave very clear, specific directions. It was conveniently located near the highway and was visible from the exit ramp. The check-in took much longer than we would have liked, though. Apparently there are 2 computers at the desk, one which runs slowly and one which runs quickly. The front desk clerk used the slow one for us and it took almost 20 minutes to get our key. While we waited two other parties came in and were checked in on the quicker one. The lobby was clean and comfortable.

Our room had two queen beds and a sofa bed, so there was plenty of room for all 5 of us, which is rare in most hotel rooms. The room was quite warm when we arrived, but did eventually cool down. Beds were quite comfortable with lots of pillows.

The breakfast bar was sufficient, but the lady stocking it was not very pleasant and got quite behind at restocking.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family