“Clean and Confortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mount Vernon Rend Lake
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I booked this room after reading good reviews, and was not disappointed. The rooms are clean and comfortable, just what we needed after a day on the road. The complimentary breakfast was quite good, as they had something for every taste. I would definitely stay again when traveling through the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed in the two room suite for one night in March. The desk staff was extremely helpful. We got into town way earlier than expected and they went out of their way to get the room clean so we could check in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was excellent. My mother slept on the pull out couch and had no problems. My boyfriend and mom really enjoyed the breakfast. They said selection was very good.

The pool was very small. The hotel was right off the highway and very easy to find. All in all, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank antsgrl
Reviewed November 29, 2009

After reading the other extreme reviews, I have to say that our review fell right in the middle. This visit will end up being one of those "unremarkable" stays where nothing great happened, but nothing really too awful happened either.

Our room wasn't spotless (few pieces of last guest's hair really grossed me out) but after taking care of that, I was ok. Carpet gave me that ominous feeling that I'd better not take off my shoes.

The breakfast lady had a very hard time keeping up even though there was only one large family of about 10 and then the two of us. Ran out of coffee, cups, oatmeal, sugar - we finally gave up.

Front desk people were ok, very robot-like. And the Wi-Fi internet was spotty.

Sadly, this property gives the Fairfield Inn brand a Tier C reputation. (Certainly did not delight us.) I would say, this is an ok choice if you need a place to sleep, but I wouldn't go out of my way if I had other options.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The customer service representatives were the most prejudiced people that I have ever expeirenced in my 50 years on this earth. I had an employee discount that they did not want to honor because the clerk said she couldn't beleive the amount discounted and she would need to confirm it with the manager when he comes in the next day or otherwise regular cost. At this point a credit card and ID was needed and she made copies of everything. Getting a bit frustrated I cooperated. I just never had to go through so much anywhere else before. When my grand daughters and I went down for breakfast it was obvious that they are not use to seeing African Americans and the way the desk clerks looked at us, made other customers uncomfortable. Everywhere we went in the hotel some of the staff would be watching you. Of course they pretended that there was smoke in my room and charged me $250 two days after my stay. I filed a complaint with cooperate but they gave me the run around for weeks and I've concluded never again will I allow my grandchildren that experience.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Just checked out this morning from the Fairfield Inn & Suites, and was so glad they had a room for me this time (at Hampton Inn end of last month). This place is cleaner than any hotel I have ever stayed in and you will not believe that it is 4 years old. The desk help is so pleasant to talk with and being a Rewards member, I seam to always get an upgraded room too! I have talked many times with the manager there and he always takes the time to let me know what he is doing or planning to improve the hotel even more. Internet here is the simplest to get on, free phone calls from the room, great hot tub and exercise facility....wish they had flat screens (although mgr said they would be during the next year). All in all; the only call you need to make is to this place! A+++++

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Traveled from. Kentucky/Colorado and back. Stayed @ Fairfield Inn Mt. Vernon IL on the way back with my young teen. This room was 2 queen beds, full bath. Cost was $81 with AAA discount. Total with taxes $91. This was the BEST hotel I've stayed in a very long time. it was late at night, so it was a very pleasant reprieve after driving so long. The check-in was quick, effecient, and friendly. Room was absolutely perfect and worth the expense. (We stayed @ Days Inn on the opposite end of trip and it didn't come close to this place). Extremely clean room, extremely white, clean linens and towels. I can't emphasis how CLEAN this place was. Very roomy bathroom, there were about 6 pillows on each bed....utter heaven. Free breakfast was very fresh, plenty of food, clean and there was a very nice staff who was putting out fresh food and cleaning up tables. I recommend this hotel and will stay there again on our next trip out west.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Was greeted by 2 not so special customer agent.We were on business with the il dept of correction,and we were treated as we were the prisioner.
would not take cash for the room,insisted on credit card. Checked in on our room when we weren;t present. ,they said we smelled like smoke when we checked in. Yes we did,we were at a prision meeting at the local prision. Did not allow us to take our free breakfast back to our room,insisted we had to eat at the breakfast nook,On check out they were even worse,we couldn't get the charge off the credit card and pay with cash..Night mare from Hell.
Our Travel Dep,has placed Fair Inn as the last place to stay for state employees,

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business