“Not enough food!”

Cuisines: American
Red Bud, Illinois
“Not enough food!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I used to love going to Cracker Barrel for a hearty meal. This last time I went, I had to eat again when I got home because I was still hungry. The food was good, but the portion size was super small. I would pay more for a full size meal. I won't go back for a snack.

• Visited May 2013

Illinois
“Always great food and great service!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We live nearby and have eaten here several times. No matter what time or day we always get great tasting food and super friendly and timely service.

• Visited April 2013
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Better than the near-by Denny's”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We like to eat here for breakfast when traveling through Mt. Vernon. I haven't been to a bad
Cracker Barrel yet, so this Cracker Barrel is no different that other Cracker Barrels. My husband likes to order the Wholesome Mornin' Sampler that comes with low-fat vanilla yogurt and seasonal fruit with granola, two eggs, a very large blueberry muffin (there are other flavors), and turkey sausage patties (their are other meat choices). I like the Momma's French Toast Breakfast that comes with French toast, eggs, and meat. We are so full after this breakfast that we skip lunch. We've stopped at the near-by the Denny's in the past and will never go back after stopping a Cracker Barrel. Plus, I like to shop around Cracker Barrel's country store (part of the restaurant).

• Visited March 2013
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“One of the better Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here tonight. She had chicken and dumplings. I had the haddock. We had sides of fried okra, hash brown casserole and green beans. It came with biscuits and corn muffins. The main dishes were very good. The okra was especially good, crispy and free of oil. The service was adequate.

oxford
“Like the other Cracker Barrels: good service hearty fare”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The service was fast and the food hearty and hot. I chose a grilled chicken salad this time, and it was delicious. The cornbread came out hot, and the side vegetables were all nicely cooked.

Visited March 2013