“Decent barbque. Decent prices.”
Review of Bandana's Barbecue

Bandana's Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food is good and usually have good specials. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and good pulled pork sandwiches.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This place is conveniently located near our hotel. Food is all smoked. You add the BBQ sauce at the table. My husband ordered ribs. They were tasty, but a bit tough on the ends, yet very tender in the middle of the rack. Eat with your fingers rather than try to cut it off the bones! I ordered a chicken sandwich. It was hot, tender and tasty. Applesauce was a bit bland, but still OK. Wish they'd offer a discount with a hotel key like many places near hotels do. They'd get more repeat business that way. Service a bit slow, considering they were not busy.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Close by our motel we got takeout ribs, potato salad, and beans all better than average, which coming from someone who thinks his ribs are the best, high praise indeed. The beans, as is usually the case at BBQ joints, the highlight. The very attractive young lady who took my order was very helpful in filling the order though she may have taken advantage by talking me into larger portion than needed. Hats off to her, it's her job. Recommend.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been to many places that same they sell barbecue. Bandana's does have truly smoked meats that have a good flavor. Portions are a good size the sides always good also.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just not thrilled with Bandana's, food, while reasonably priced, is just okay. Service was slow which is hard to understand, after all it is fast food - everything is already cooked, it just needs to be assembled and served. Plus, it's a noisy place, you can't hardly hear the person you're dining with. I would say the stew (forgot it's menu name) was very good. I'll pass next time I'm in Mt. Vernon.