“Good Food, Good Service”
Review of Bandana's Barbecue

Bandana's Barbecue
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Barbecue
Decatur, Illinois
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband & I ate at Bandana's on Sept. 20, 2013. I can't remember what my husband had, but I had the Ribs.,They were very good & tendar & the BBQ sauce was good also. It was a nice atmosphere and our waitress, ( Calista ), was very nice. When we go back through Mt. Vernon again, we will be stopping to eat here. ( The price was reasonable too!)

• Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“The Smell Was Great, Why Did My Food Taste So Bland?”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

So, I pull into the parking lot, get out of the care and the aroma in the air was so amazing, I thought that I was in for an amazing tasty meal. Seated in the restaurant the aroma was sending my senses into overdrive and I could hardly wait for my Chicken, Ribs, and pulled Pork dish to arrive.
I dug in to enjoy this meal, and found ti to just be average. it was kind of bland and I started to wonder why such great aroma and such bland tasting food. There is on the table lots of optional sauces that you can squirt and plaster all over your food it that is your kind of thing, but I want to have the flavor infused into my food as it is cooked.
To be fair, it was an average meal at a little higher price that the other places in town, but give it a try, you may just find that it is your kind of thing and it was a great meal. Everyone's taste is different and many people like to have their Chicken & Ribs plain so that they can add all the types of sauces they want after the fact. Service was great and fast and the staff were very friendly.

Foley, Alabama, United States
“good bbq”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food was very good and the wait staff was excellent. This is a very good family restraurant. Would definitely go back to eat here.

Bethany Beach
“Good Dinner”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Husband and I shared a pork & beef dinner. The menu says 9oz of meat so plenty to share. Comes with 2 sides. We had coleslaw and fried okra. Didn't care for the coleslaw (but everyone's favorite coleslaw is different). There were 5 bottles of BBQ sauce to try (we likes 3 of the 5). Cost $11.21 for dinner (not including drinks). Service is the quickest ever! Server was also very friend and efficient. Would return again.

North Little Rock
“good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On the first visit, the staff suggested the ribs. They were excellent. On the second visit, they said to try the chicken. I did and it was delicious. Their BBQ is as good as Memphis or KC. Who knew they could do BBQ in Illinois?