“Busy, Affordable, and Decent”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ryan's Grill, Buffet & Bakery
Ranked #43 of 69 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Milwaukee
“Busy, Affordable, and Decent”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

First, the mac & cheese was excellent. The side dishes are great here, but the meats fall flat. The steak and catfish were pretty bland and service was phoned in. That said, for an all-you-can-eat restaurant that runs ten bucks a person, you can do a lot worse.

Visited May 2013

Boone, Iowa
“Steak not as good as Gold Corral”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

But the place was pretty good just the same, just not a big selection. The staff were neither friendly nor rude, but you got the feeling they just didn't give a .....

Visited March 2013
Benton, Illinois
“Ryan's Grill, Buffet & Bakery”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My family and I ate at Ryan's family restaurant In Mount Vernon, IL on Sunday March the 10th 2013. We have ate here many times and have always found the food to be good. It is good home cooking, but just lots of variety. We have always been so happy to see how attentive the staff is to the cleanliness of the buffet bar. I tell you I have eaten at many buffets all over the country and this one is always clean and friendly. The wait staff work there tails off. We usually go after church when there is a big rush and the Ryan's crew always rushes more food out. I have never seen them to let food run out. I also like the idea that they monitor the temperature of the food for food safety. Great place to eat cost is good and the quality of food is also good. I would also like to say the desert bar alone is worth the stop. It is great with kids and small children. There is a Lowes and a Wal-Mart within walking distance so after a big meal if you wanted to walk around and run some of the sugar off the kids.

• Visited March 2013
McLeansboro,Illinois
“Inconsistent at best.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Ate there Saturday night. Crowd was small for a weekend. We have eaten here a few times and it is very inconsistent in the food quality. Usually it is ok for a buffet but you never know. I had a few things that were alright but some things had been out for quite a while. The waitress was good but I can't see this being a place I would choose to go to on a regular basis. I have eaten at some very good buffets but this was not one of them.

• Visited January 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Better than a burger joint, but......”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Needed breakfast, could not face fast food drive-thru fare. Saw that Ryan's was open for breakfast. A huge buffet. Less than $20 for the 2 of us.
The food was scary, though. The regulars seemed to love everything about it, and they were growing before our eyes as they hit the buffet the fifth and sixth time. We ate enough that we noticed a mileage difference once we hit the road after breakfast.

• Visited December 2012