All reviews waffles new carpeting small room bed was comfortable recommend this hotel continental breakfast biscuits and gravy microwave and fridge overnight stop atlanta linens
Reviewed October 29, 2017

As the title says; I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel that has had thinner walls. We could hear people on both side of us, outside and could hear the people walking above.

Now for the good. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok.

I would stay again, but I'd bring ear plugs

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
HotelMangmt321, Hotel Support at Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Valued Guest: Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our team. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

We are hoping that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve your lodging needs again in the future here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Mount Vernon, IL.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

I was traveling alone so I didn't need the amenities I usually ask for. Even though I had asked for a ground floor room the desk clerk assigned me to a second floor room and this in a motel with no elevator. I was just about to start carrying my luggage up to the second floor when the clerk came out and handed me a key to a first floor room. She said she was able to move some things around so my room was much more accessible. The room was comfortable and served my needs quite well for the one night.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you have trouble climbing stairs be sure and ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
HotelMangmt321, Hotel Support at Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Valued Guest: Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our team. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Mount Vernon, IL.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

We had no problem with the room- friendly clerk- but don't expect wifi because it's only available in the lobby. Breakfast was okay, enough food for me! Would probably not return because of the wifi which is very unusual for a hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
HotelMangmt321, Hotel Support at Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Valued Guest: Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our team. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you experienced with the WIFI during your stay with us.

We have brought this to managements attention to address. We do hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve your lodging needs again in the future here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Mount Vernon, IL.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

While not the Ritz-Carlton, this motel was very, very nice! The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, A/C worked well, room had no odors to it, looked to be recently renovated. An excellent choice at a fair price.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Reviewed September 18, 2017

A lot of traffic passes through this area due to I 57 and I 64 interchange and hotels here are slightly higher in price and this hotel is no exception. Good aspect of this older hotel, it was clean, quite, fairly quite A/C, good cable TV, lot of stations, fridge, micro wave, outside access to rooms, plenty of restaurants in area. The price is a little cheaper than most hotels in this area. Had a decent breakfast, waffles,biscuits and gravy, cereal. Gentleman working the desk at check in, Brian, was very helpful and nice, pleasant person to speak with.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
HotelMangmt321, Hotel Support at Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017