“Better than last time, but still lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings
Ranked #18 of 66 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Effingham, Illinois
“Better than last time, but still lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had been wanting to eat a BWW a few weeks ago, and didn't get to. We tried this one again, and were happy that it seemed rather busy, yet the staff were able to handle situations very well. The waitress was at the table quickly, and was quick to obtain our drinks and let us look over the menu while she handled several other table's checks. The food was hot, and served fresh at least the appetizer. The fries were not very hot, like they had been done a while, and the bun almost seemed as though it had been in the freezer and was thawed, and was still cold. The wife's burger was missing sauce, and an onion ring that was listed in the menu. We didn't complain, just took it out of the tip. The tip was also lowered because the waitress had said she would be right back with drinks, and disappeared for about 10 minutes before returning. They probably need to get the manager around to all the tables, like other BWW's such as the Effingham one do. I would think they are trained the same. The wife did notice that one of the waitresses was told to clean off a group of about 5-6 tables pushed together by the manager, which we noticed had been empty for several minutes. Overall not bad, but if you are picky, ask them to correct the issues, because we didn't and the issues are going to continue because we failed to advise of their failures.

• Visited November 2012

“Service lacks, but food is delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at this BW3 numerous times. The service is generally not good, although ironically it is better in the bar. The food is predictably good, however overpriced. It's best to go when the wings or tenders are on special. I could recite a litany of examples of the lackluster service, but take my word for it and go if you can't live without the wings.

Lakewood McHenry County, Illinois
“We Saw We Ate We Conquered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great new salads. Wide choice of beers. Reasonable prices.

Visited July 2012
Effingham, Illinois
“Don't expect much from this BWW!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I hate writing bad reviews, if you look over my reviews, I am not that hard to please. This BWW needs to correct some staffing issues, and a few other things.

1st a previous poster mentioned the cold air, this must be a continously going thing, it is like a force of winter wind blowing from the ceiling. You should probably wear a winter coat inside even in the summer. There was a group in there while we were that had kids, and they were bundled in beach towels.

I understand this is a newer establishment and hidden from the traffic getting of the interstate. But you have to make the restaurant worth a stop. Our waitress was quick to bring the 1st drinks, and offer an appetizer which we did order. My wife always goes through drinks quickly, and soon, she was out and waiting. Our appetizer, and our food was brought out by someone else, which my wife said also brought out her refill. By the time she was ready for another refill, the waitress was too busy cleaning up the floor around a table which had just left. She looked over and noticed my wife needed a refill, but continued her cleaning. A few minutes later she is over still goofing off talking at the hostess stand, then after some talking she came over and brought the refills. She didn't even notice we were finished and ready for the ticket, and didn't even try to sell us dessert. Then the other person who had brought the food, and refills previous came and took our trash from the table and asked if our waitress was getting our ticket. We advised we didn't know we hadn't saw her since she checked on us once after we got our food and had to ask for more napkins. She finally showed up with the ticket. We provided payment and left.

Pros: Good, Hot Food/ Plenty of Parking/ Plenty of Staff

Cons: Poor trained or untrained wait staff, too many employees, not enough customers,

• Visited June 2012
Nashville
“Good Service, Great Food, Cold Booth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This restaurant is as good as any Buffalo Wild Wings I have visited. I was alone when I visited and was seated in a booth at the front corner of the establishment. Everything was good about the meal. The food was good, the service was outstanding and the bill was not too high. However, there was a gale wind blowing from the air conditioning and I ate quickly so as to get back to some warm air. I was freezing! As a matter of fact, I had to hold the newspaper I brought with me down with the case for my eyeglasses or it would have blown off the table. I really needed a coat, or at least something to block the air flow.

Visited May 2012