“Great Place to Eat!”
Review of 9th St. Grill - CLOSED

9th St. Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This locally owned eatery features a European and Mediterranean influenced menu with weekly specials and locally sourced produce in season. Enjoy a cocktail in our comfortable dining room, while browsing the local artist's work on our walls. We'll be happy to guide you through a delicious meal - from our fresh home-made hummus to a rich creme brulee. You'll be glad you stopped in!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had dinner there recently to celebrate a retirement of a friend. The service and food are exemplary, and I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to eat in Mt vernon, IL.!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is the one of the two fine dining restaurants in Mount Vernon. The food is definitely great. I am vegetarian so I either just a sandwich and soup for lunch special or a pizza or calzone for dinner. But I thoroughly enjoy my meal here. The ambiance is great as well and the service is excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to take your date or just a get together with friends.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I stopped in to the 9th Street Grill as we made our way from St. Louis to Louisville, KY. We had high hopes based on great reviews we had read, and we can both say with 100 percent confidence that this restaurant lives up to the hype. The facility is quaint and relaxing, and the food is delicious. We took a 2,900+ mile road trip with plenty of stops and restaurants, and this was definitely one of the best. If you ever get the chance to stop in for a bite, do take it. Great job, 9th Street Grill. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've had lunch and dinner at 9th st. many times and never been disappointed. Their food is prepared on sight, including their delicious home-made bread sticks. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a really good meal. It's not fast food, so allow for adequate time.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hands down the best restaurant in town. It's a couple of miles east of interstate 57 away from the hotels, but worth the trip. Try the bison burger for lunch and you can never go wrong with the pasta dish called the gambit either. Great selection and variety on the menu and plenty of wine and beer, too. The management team, led by Kaycee, is second to none. They will take great care of you.