“Wonderful place -reservation recommended”
Review of 9th St. Grill - CLOSED

9th St. Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This locally owned eatery features a European and Mediterranean influenced menu with weekly specials and locally sourced produce in season. Enjoy a cocktail in our comfortable dining room, while browsing the local artist's work on our walls. We'll be happy to guide you through a delicious meal - from our fresh home-made hummus to a rich creme brulee. You'll be glad you stopped in!
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife had experience of this place from her work because they had catered for lunches and she always bragged how good it was. I took my wife out on Valentines weekend and had a reservation (highly recommended especially on weekends). The atmosphere is beautiful and cozy. The staff are all very friendly and professional. The food is AMAZING. It is a little pricier, for this area, but more than worth it. I HIGHLY recommend this place for locals and travelers alike.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Got a recommendation from the Holiday Inn. A little further from the hotel than other restaurants and more upscale. Seemed the place to eat in Mt. Vernon. Food was very good and friendly and attentive staff. Had the chicken coconut soup which I enjoyed very much but it was misnamed as it didn't taste like coconut and the chicken was hard to find. The pizza we shared was great and large enough for lunch the next day. Bread came with the meal and was very good. Price was reasonable. Place was noisy though. Would eat here again if we stay in Mt. Vernon again

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We wanted good healthy food for travelers and we found a real delight at the 9th Street Grill. Wonderful setting, great service and the food was fabulous! My wife and I each had their house soup "Potato" and their Hadendorf Salad. Both excellent. Recommend for anyone who likes great food and wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Found this place on Tripadvisor. Made a reservation the day before on the road toward Mt. Vernon. Arrived to a fairly full house at 700PM on a Friday evening. Our table was ready and we were greeted and seated immediately. Friendly servers. Lots of good menu choices. Full bar: cocktails made well. (we couldn't bring ourselves to ask about the two drink maximum reported by other reviewers (and printed on the bar menu)). Ordered an artichoke dip starter that was very tasty with toasted bread rather than chips. Caesar salads were good (nothing special). I had the Tiger Claw Salmon and my partner had the Honey Mustard Chicken. Both entrees were very good. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the combination of teriyaki and wasabi was an unexpected surprise (yummy). The sides with both entrees were interesting and complemented each dish well. This place was a real surprise for a small town. Several reviewers indicated the high prices, however I thought them decent for the quality of food presented ($93 for two: drinks, appetizer, salad, entree, glass of wine, dessert, coffee). Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had to drive downtown Mt. Vernon to get to this restaurant, but it was worth the drive. We shared a margarita pizza that was wonderful. Took the rest back to the hotel and ate it for dinner the next night and it was still good. Great atmosphere too.