“Skip this place at all cost.”

Days Inn Mount Vernon
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Booked a double non smoking room in advance. When we arrived they had us in a king SMOKING room. They had no non-smoking rooms to give us even though I had a copy of my reservation in my hand. We had to put one kid in bed with us and pay an additional $10 for a horrible rollaway for our 9 year old. The room and hall way absolutely reeked! The hotel staff was friendly. I felt bad for the young girl at the front desk when they didn't have the room we booked and I could tell she was genuinely concerned but there was nothing she could do about it. Thankfully we arrived just in time for bed and left as soon as the sun came up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel suited our needs. We rode a motorcycle from Florida. We arrived late after a 14 hour ride. We were exhausted. Hotel staff was great. The only thing I have to say is alot of the room doors are not normal. When you put in the key card you have to lift up on some rooms to get in where normal rooms you push down. Probably bothered us more as we were exhausted but they should let you know when you check in so you don't have to go all the way to desk again. They were renovating but experience was good. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Anakinboots
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at this Days Inn on an extended road trip south. We were happy with the room, the staff, the locale (including a nice restaurant within short walking distance).

While we didn´t use the pool or fitness room, I thought they looked beautiful. An indoor pool at a Days Inn is not common in our experience.

The room was comfortable and in excellent repair. Some of the common areas looked to be a "work in progress" but people were working on it, both as we arrived and as we left.

Staff was very polite and appeared to be working hard to please their clientele.

If we were by this way again we would stay here, and would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed only one night and got the heck out. Room was filthy - Cheerios on the floor, maids have never used a crevase tool along the beds (major nastiness along bed frames). The pool area is a lawsuit just waiting to happen. While in the pool I and my family watched a 2 year old walking along the pool side and slip and smacked his head on the wet tile floor. When I got out I was taking it very easy and slipped and landed on my side - bruising my hip and left arm. Management seemed very uncaring. I've stayed in severl Days Inns, but this has got to be the worst in any chain......

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I arrived here late on Saturday night to find a room still available for us. The room was reasonably priced and worked for us. The pool did not have heat at the time, but this was unimportant to us since we just wanted a place to sleep. We didn't eat at the hotel breakfast either, but it looked like a standard continental breakfast with donuts, coffee, assorted juices and cereal. I was shocked to learn the hotel doesn't provide conditioner. Our shampoo bottle was only half full as well. Shampoo and condition are pretty basic amenities even at similarly priced places.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I travel to Mt Vernon often and stay from hotel to hotel to find one I like. This one is the third one I have tried. I stayed here because I wanted a little cheaper of a trip this time. The hotel is very clean and I have no complaints. No horror stories, just a clean, basic room. It was exanctly what I expected. There is nothing wrong with this hotel. I can't rate the fitness center it was locked and I did not use the pool but there were others in that seemed to be enjoying it.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi and the third floor are not friends and they do not get along.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hallway reeked of cigarettes. Management claimed that was because of the smoking rooms on the floor, but I think it had more to do with the ventilation. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Truck parking and it is near restaurants and a truck stop.

• Stayed: March 2012