“Friendly Staff and Yummy Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Krieger's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #51 of 69 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Meadowbrook, Illinois, United States
“Friendly Staff and Yummy Food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the Asian wings and Salmon with rice and it was delightful. Our bartender was very nice. Though, beware, I think there is something in the water at the Mt. Vernon Krieger's because the 3 women working were all pregnant. ;)

• Visited October 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Depends on who's in the kitchen!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Part of Holiday Inn, I ate there all four night. Service in room and restaurant was great hot food and timely friendly. Chicken Parm was good but other nights not so good. Rice was mushy food seemed reheated. Just so so over all.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank moetpa
Ankeny, Iowa
“Not the place to go”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I ordered carry out and when I came in to pick it up the bartender was nowhere to be found for several minutes. Come to find out she was he lady that I passed on the way in standing by the tune machine. The wings were ok and the fries were soggy. It's worth the time to leave he hotel to visit one of the nearby restaurants.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank cropsclone
IL
“There is no place like home.......”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

And there is no burger like a Krieger burger! Finding my fav place to stay in Mt Vernon -demolished (drury)....i decided to stay at the Holiday Inn. To my delight, there is a Kriegers Sports Bar connected to the hotel. If I had paid attention to the bad reviews of this establishment, I would have gone somewhere else. BUT, Having lived within blocks of the St Louis County Kriegers at Big Bend/141 Kriegers and having enjoyed many of my favorite Krieger Burgers, I threw caution to the wind and decided to give it a try. Heck, it is a hamburger! What could go wrong?

First, perhaps being connected to a hotel, maybe the "locals" may not frequent it. It was a thursday night and perhaps the dozen or so diners were guests of the hotel. It was very empty compared the usual filled to capacity West County Kriegers (St Louis County-Metro) so the ambiance was quite different from what I experienced in my past. The St Louis Cardinals decor made me feel right at home!

I ordered my usual Krieger burger with fries and, of course, my Bud Light. The fries were piping hot and delicious! They were not the usual over seasoned fries (salty!) that I was used to and that was quite fine by me! They did not bury my hamburger either....fine too! My hamburger was wonderful....just like home! I enjoyed my dinner and reflected on times passed spent at the St Louis County location. Admittedly, i missed the bustling crowd that makes this popular sports bar fun but hey, for one night, I can live with it. Give Kriegers a shot! Bring a crowd!

Visited June 2013
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and good selections of beers”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Ribs and pulled pork very good. Baked potato was cooked perfectly and rice tasted great. Inexpensive beer and great selection, not just domestic. Nice, attentive waitress.

Visited March 2013