“Very Enjoyable”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Visalia
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights, very friendly, clean, and comfortable. Onsite restaurant (bar) has good food, just noisy (bar element). I would stay here again. Other restaurants and fast food close by. Bathrooms are on the small side.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The General Manager Mr. Dan Goel is a down to earth person that listens and action on any concern that you have.
Very flexible and ensure that Guest is priority in all aspect.
I have stay in many IHG Hotel Chain and this is probably the only GM that i know of that interact with the guest and personally ensure that their needs and concern is address.
Dan even gave me his cell phone and inform me to call 24/7 if i have any issues while staying in his hotel. Wow...my hat off to Dan...Keep up the Good Work.
Hope this review will motivate other GM to follow suite

Room Tip: no negative comments all rooms are newly renovate
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2013

On behalf of our organization TAGC (www.tagc.org) we rented the banquet hall for celebrating women's day on March 23rd 2013. The entire process from start to finish was seamless, friendly and outstanding to say the least. Dan Goel who is the General Manager has been terrific in providing all the assistance we needed even when some of the help required was last minute. First he got the hall ready with everything that was promised then he stayed on with us until we settled well in the hall and he made sure we had a dedicated and friendly hotel employee available to us to help through out the event. It has been a very memorable and pleasant experience for every one who participated and we can't wait to come back for the future events.
Thank you Dan and Holiday Inn Management for a great experience.

Ramesh Garapaty
President TAGC

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
elpaso
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Got snowed in at Chicago Airport and got a half-priced voucher. Had to get the Holiday Inn Shuttle, it was late at night and I told the driver I was hungry so he called ahead to make sure the restaraunt was still going to be open. Food at bar was very good and they offered the complete menu up until closing at 1:30. Check in was good and the hotel was like new, very nice and clean, with a very comfortable bed. Cindy made a shuttle reservation for me at 9am and when I arrived at the front desk at 8:45 the driver was waiting for me. Excellent staff from the bar to the front desk to the shuttle drivers. I really felt they went above and beyond!

Room Tip: All rooms here are good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ty b
Mt Prospect
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn located at 200 E Rand Mt Prospect Illinois for seven weeks. Never have I felt so welcome and taken care of with kid gloves. The entire staff always had time for my questions or simply listening to me ramble on.
The Staff without exception stopped and smiled with a warm and friendly greeting anytime my fellow travelers and I walked by either coming or going no matter what task they were performing.
Restaurant recommendations were exceptional and always right on point, (with perfect directions all the time).
My room was kept emaculate by the staff at all times.
Please thank all the staff including Martha, Vanessa, Diana, Martin, Dan the Manager, and Derek the sales manager.
All went above and beyond to make me and my fellow companions stay comfortable and safe.
I felt spoiled.
What a breath of fresh air in the hotel world.
I do a lot of traveling and have never received service this exceptional, it takes a lot of the pain out of being away from family and home.
I will always remember the treatment I received at this hotel and will definately recommend to others.
I have began to think of your staff as friends and will miss them when I leave
In closing I would like to say the entir staff should be commended for thier proffessionalism, as well as the warm and friendly atmosphere they and they alone have created at this Holiday Inn.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Regards and God Bless

Jay Yarmy Sr

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jay Y
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Overall nothing to complain about. Room was average sized and clean, although there was a wad of something stuck onto the ceiling, that looked like it had been painted over. Front desk staff was very friendly.

I usually don't eat at hotel restaurants, but it was pouring rain so I decided to stay in. This property has a combination bar/restaurant that was doing a very good business for a Tuesday night. Due to the crowd I ate at the bar. Actually had a pretty good menu for bar food, although it was a little loud.

Location is close to shopping and other restaurants and a short drive to I-94.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear mobile_concierge,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Seems like I am not the only one to have had a missed flight connection and ended up staying at this wonderful Holiday Inn. On what was supposed to be the greatest trip of my life, it was quickly becoming the worst because of American Airlines and their ineptitude. Adrian Maldonado was my first point of contact with Holiday Inn and he quickly empathized with my situation and did all in his power to make things right. It was because of Adrian and his ability to put himself in my shoes that quickly turned my nightmare into a nice experience. Most of the staff was cordial, but it was Adrian and the General Manager (who I met later in the day), that set this Holiday Inn apart from any other i have stayed at, because of their ability to listen and empathize. The rooms were gorgeous and very quiet and I will never be able to thank Adrian enough for helping me get my wits together and continue on with what did become the greatest trip of my life (to meet my wife). He is a very valuable asset to the Holiday Inn team and I hope he is recognized as such. Because others I met didn't have his zeal or enthusiasm to truly make the guest feel like he was at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank James D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect? Share your experiences!