“Impressed at first...”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Minster, Ohio
“Impressed at first...”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm a Priority Club member and I was staying there for business. I was greeted nicely and the rooms are nice. Especially like how they have actual thermostats with a temperature setting, as opposed to some hotels with the Hot/Cold and Fan Hi/Med/Lo knobs. Anyway, stayed for 2 nights and my breakfasts there were radically different. The first morning I was running a little late and only had 25 minutes for breakfast, so I asked the waitress if an omelette could be made in 20 minutes or less, because I was in a hurry. She said no problem, 5-10 minutes. So she took my order. I saw her bussing tables for the next 5 minutes (slowly), then she disappeared for 20 minutes. So I had to leave. I wasn't the only one. The 2nd morning was a different waiter and that was quick and delicious. Also, I thought it was peculiar that both days I entered my hotel room, the tv had been changed to the Spanish channel. Haha, the cleaning crew was watching/listening to tv. Makes me wonder if they did a thorough job? Everything looked clean anyway, so I'm not complaining. Just peculiar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
mtprospect, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and being a Priority Club member. Your feedback and comments are very important to us, we have noted your concerns and bought them to the attention of the departments concerned.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you have a need to stay in the area.

Sincerely
Derek Jones
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was delayed in EWR and missed my connecting flight to Tampa at ORD. I used a trip voucher from AA and stayed at the Holiday Inn. Martin was the hotel shuttle driver and he was so courteous, informative and genuine. I was traveling alone and didn't know the Chicago area but he made me feel safe and was able to direct me to the best food options nearby the hotel. I opted for Bar Louie at the hotel and the food, drinks and atmosphere were very good, especially the tater tots w/ cheese, my fav. I really enjoyed my quick, unexpected trip to Chicago for the night, and Martin and the courteous staff at the Holiday Inn made my missed flight dilemma a safe and stress-free experience. Thank you!! I would definitely come back to visit your hotel when I'm in the Chicago area again. Happy Holidays!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hjh7cali
Fayetteville
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had stayed here on Oct 16,2012 due to flight change it is a very nice hotel and the staff was very nice, there is a bar/restaurant on site, I had to get a shuttle to and from the hotel, now from the airport to the hotel it took about 30 minutes to get the shuttle and it was about a 20 minute drive from the airport, They ask if you need the shuttle in the am I said yes and they ask what time is your flight I told her and she said the shuttle will be here at 4:35 am. overall very nice...

Room Tip: nice rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tina G
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were pleased with the Holiday Inn location and the arrangements made for the H.S. reunion...The staff very pleasant and helpful, the rooms were Great,lots and lots of lights and the room was clean and fresh and temperature controls very nice
The restaurant was very nice and service speedy.
Enjoyed the fact that everything for the reunion was right there and the room
used for it was just right for the group-the choices the reunion committee made with the Holiday Inn were Excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cherpurr
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I began organizing a class reunion for my high school in 2011. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Holiday Inn in Mt. Prospect had been remodeled. The sales manager took me for a tour that included rooms and an indoor pool. Persons that booked a room also received a $10 coupon towards breakfast in the bar Louie Restaurant.
We had our reunion this last weekend and everything was wonderful. The staff was quite accommodating. The buffet was tasty and their presentation made it easily accessible.
I would have no problem reccommending this facility to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heidi3349
Livermore, California
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spend a great deal of time at this Holiday Inn travelling on business. IF you are looking for a team of peolpe looking to serve you and remember your name, this is your kind of place. I have been coming here for more than a year. from overnight stays to in and out 3 times in a week also staying weeks on end. Where the owner is your friend and his help treats you like family. Close proximity to any dining pleasure and yet far enough away that you can find peace and quiet.

Randy J.
California

Room Tip: 3rd floor is my favorite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Randy J
bakewell
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were sent to this bphotel after our flights were cancelled by American Airlines. This place is in the middle of nowhere. The rooms are okay - pretty basic. The first room we were given hadn't been cleaned so we had to go back and ask for another room. The bathroom was not very nice. We had just spent 2 weeks staying in 4 and 5 star boutique hotels so to be given this for our final 'extra' night we really weren't impressed and didn't enjoy our surroundings. The lobby and corridors felt dated and worn.

We were told to inform staff of when we'd like to go back to the airport the following day. We wanted to leave the hotel at 1.45pm but were told 12 or 3 were the only times the bus would be running. So we arrived 2 hours early at the airport. Hardly a "regular" service.

This hotel is cheap and not very cheerful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear MaryJShim,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the overall condition of the rooms. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect? Share your experiences!