“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our room was newly renovated and very clean. Our room had a fridge, I had called ahead and asked for one, so if you want a fridge it doesn't hurt to ask before you get there. The room didn't even look like it had been slept in, it was so clean and nice. We used the pool and hot tub which was small and very clean it was a good place to just hang out in the hot tub. The only complaint would be the air conditioning, it was a little touchy, we were either freezing cold or warm, but since it was in the 90s outside we did not complain one bit, were just glad it worked and worked well. Its in a good location because we were not going to downtown chicago and there are many shopping and eating around the hotel. The beds were very comfy, and had many pillows on them, i think i used 2-3 of them.

Room Tip: we called before we got there and asked for a fridge
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank schaffd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dublin
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My first time on  tripadvisor. Yesterday I arrived in Chicago a day early for my flight. First time I have made such a mistake in thirty years of flying around the world as a wildlife film maker. Was all a bit stressful until I picked up the courtesy phone and randomly called the Holiday Inn in Mount Prospect. Since then, my last 24 hours have been stress free. A courtesy bus picked me up and took me straight to the hotel. They gave me an excellent rate. The reception on arrival was warm, friendly and efficient. My bed was incredibly comfortable. The room was spotless. The bar attached to the hotel served really good food and really cold beer but more importantly was genuinely friendly. Had an evening meal, breakfast and lunch, all way above average. They allowed me to check out five hours late at no extra charge as they did not need my room right away. What struck me above all was that the staff all seemed happy to be at work. This must come from the top down. I enquired from Marten the shuttle driver who took me to the airport why everyone appeared so content. I suggested the manager must just be one of those people who knows how to manage. He agreed that was indeed the secret. My drive to the airport was full of conversation and banter in Marten's charming company.  I arrived back at the airport check in desk, this time at the right time, genuinely relaxed and recuperated. Hats off to the Holiday Inn. First class. If I ever arrive on the wrong day for a flight again, I hope it's in Chicago O'Hare. I genuinely wouldn't mind this time. Because I would know exactly where to go. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Colin S
NJ
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had a good stay. Ate at the restaurant in the hotel all three days and it was good. Martin made the ride back to the airport today very worry free. He was a funny guy too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike F
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had just missed a flight on the way to L.A then to Melbourne, Australia. I was so worried and did not have a clue on where to stay the night. My first time here in Chicago from connecting flight from Florida, then Charllote, then landed here in Chicago. I wanted to find a descent hotel that doesn't cost too much for a night or two before I continue with my travel. Lucky somebody came to rescue me while I'm pacing back and forth. Martin the shuttle driver approach me and took me to this hotel and lo and behold. I was greeted with cheerful staffs and
the service are excellent, my worries just disappeared especially when I get into my room, it's very clean, comfortable bed, a very good shower with lots of towels, internet is also available. I definitely recommend and would come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marilou L
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a typical US Holiday Inn with a difference. The staff are cheerful and friendly and even helpful. That's not to say all Holiday Inns are bad, its' just that this one excelled in this category. Apart from that, we got clean rooms, clean bathrooms, good showers, plenty of towels, free coffee in reception, free USA Today each morning and always a smile from members of staff. Guest laundry and indoor pool nice and clean. Courtesy bus to O'Hare airport and local railway station, great chatty driver from Belize, nice man. One annoying factor, miserable plastic cups with the ice bucket and horrible polysterine ones with the coffee machine. Come on you can do better than this. We would stay here again when visiting relations in nearby Arlington Heights. Negotiate a good rate and its' true value for money.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a high number and on the third floor - quieter. Keep away from rooms near the lif...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank potsUk
Discovery Bay Ca
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great hotel...friendly staff...shuttle to airport great...all in all would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim S
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our son was married nearby, and family came in from all over the world. The staff were bending over backwards to serve and accommodate our family and friends Dan, the manager was on top of things and Vanessa was very kind and helpful too. The breakfast buffet was great, and shuttle to the airport excellent! Newly remodeled facility was clean and handicapped rooms for grandparents. Beds were comfortable. Should be number 1 in Mt prospect!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Marjohneric
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - A...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect? Share your experiences!