“Long, long wait...but it was worth it”

Jameson's Char House
Reserve with OpenTable
Jameson's Char House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Busse Rd.
Description: Fine eating establishments know the essence of the restaurant business. It isn't merely enough to provide good food. The truly memorable dining experience depends upon several other ingredients from the top food selections, to the most dedicated people serving you. We would like to lift your dining experience to a whole new level of harmony which not only shows in our atmosphere, but also in our philosophy to bring you an experience that is simply unparalleled in the restaurant industry. For more than 20 years, Jameson's Charhouse has served quality steaks, chops, and fresh fish, for exceptional value. Our extensive menu selections feature a modern American cuisine full of delicious choices.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I ate hear over Mother's Day weekend, on our way from MN to MD. Being from out of town we asked the clerk at our hotel for a recommendation. She recommended the charhouse, adding that she had only heard that it was good, she'd never been there herself.

We got to the restaurant about 6:00, sans reservations. We were told we'd have a 25 minute wait for 2 people. The place was crowded but we waded through the crowd to the bar area where I had a beer whilst we waited. We stood for the first half hour and then got seats in the bar area. After about 40 minutes of waiting (seeing that others that were there when we got there had still not been seated) I asked how much longer. I was told that we still had 4 couples ahead of us and when I called her on the 25 estimate she said that the estimates were off as they had accepted many reservations. We decided to wait because it was either fast food or start the whole process anew at another place. We were seated at 7:15 or so, over an hours wait.

But, birthing pains are soon forgot when you see the baby! We were delighted with our food, our waitress, our table...everything. Our meat was cooked to order and they have excellent french onion soup. Some of the best I've ever had. As hungry as we were we couldn't finish what was in front of us. Forget about dessert. And that was the only downside after we were seated. It seemed like we were a bit rushed and not even offered dessert (it's nice to be offered even if you don't accept!). I was not a bit concerned about this, nor did we let ourselves be rushed. We had waited a long time to be seated and eat...you know we were going to enjoy ourselves. We spent the last 8 or 9 hours traveling and settling into our hotel. This was our down time.

This charhouse is also a good value. We couldn't believe the prices, especially this close to Chicago. We had gone out for a steak dinner back home a couple of weeks before this and the prices were about 1/2 again as high and the food couldn't compare...not at all.

In another part of this review where I rate 1-5 where things landed for service I chose three. Our waitress was great but our wait was overlong and the hostess gave a lame excuse.

My recommendation (tried and tasted) is to check it our and see for yourselves; you will love this place. Be sure to make a reservation. Be patient if you have to wait because the food is worth it.

1  Thank dana21108

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This restaurant is in a suburb of Chicago. It was picked by family living in the area. From start to finish the meal was outstanding. I can't say enough about the excellent service provided and the accommodating kitchen on food preparation requests. If you're ever in the area go and try this place.

1  Thank samroz
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here while staying at the nearby LaQuinta. The food was wonderful, very reasonably priced, and generous servings. The wait staff treated us like familiar customers.

1  Thank pafw
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good food at attractive price! We like sandwitches during lunch and steaks for dinner.

Drinks are also very good.

1  Thank DomShah
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Ordered steak medium rare and arrived well done. Salad and bread was good

1  Thank CHERI L