“Not worth it”

El Sombrero
Ranked #26 of 144 Restaurants in Mount Prospect
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The food was gross and the service was bad! I've been here twice and the second time was just as bad as the first.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I was filled with titillating hopes, excitement and high expectations until I took one bite. Best in Cook County? Only the prices would make you belive it. I'd rather try my chances at the taquerias Last time that I go.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

For a couple months around Cinco De Mayo the have the roll back menu. That means they have menu prices from the 80's. My favorite is the Carne Asada for $7. Every time I go, the food has been outstanding.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

El Sombrero looks a bit worn, but the food makes up for it. I especially like the steak fajitas, but all of the food is very good (enchiladas, tacos and combo plates never disappoint). The salsa choices they put on the table are best mixed together because one is too mild and one is too spicy.

Usually the service is fast (unless they are REALLY crowded) and the prices are very reasonable.

On Fridays and Saturdays they have strolling musicians which is a nice touch. They also have coupons on restaurants.com and in mailers sent out in the Mt. Prospect area. Outdoor seating is nice to reduce wait times, but the view of the parking lot or Elmhurst Rd. is nothing special.

They do offer a lunch buffet, but call for the days of the week.

Reviewed December 9, 2008

I had the chicken fajitas and their Tradicional magarita. Both were absolutely awesome AND they participate in the Restaurant.com gift certificate program. Great stuff.