“Eh?”

Ranked #19 of 138 Restaurants in Mount Prospect
Chicago
“Eh?”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Loud, dark couldn't hardly read menu (plus really small print). Food was ok but service left something to be desired....I blame mgmt on not enough staff for crowd on hand.

Visited July 2014

Hernando, Mississippi
“Bar Louie”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Hot breakfast available daily, comped with Priority Club. The flatbreads are very good in the evening, and specials every day.

Visited March 2014
Florida
“Half-Price Appetizers Overpriced”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This bar/restaurant is in the Holiday Inn Hotel. My flight at O'Hare Airport was cancelled so I had to overnight here in between flights. The outside temperature was about -25 F, So the hotel recommended this on-premises alternative.
In the hotel elevator there was a promo giving a list of appetizers that were half-price, Mon.-Fri., from 4 to 7 p.m.
When I sat down at the bar and was looking at the food menu, which was large, I asked the bar-tender for a Mai-Tai/Planter's punch, she said, no problem. When the drink came it did not look or taste like anything I had before, checking the bill it is called a Tiki Torch, and cost $9. The name was appropriate, it tasted like gasoline. I like Mai-Tai's or Planter's punch drinks because they are usually sweet and contain a lot of rum. If this drink had the correct taste I planned to get a second one, not this time--I could barely finish the first one.
I ordered two of the items I saw in the elevator, an order of Happy Hour spicy boneless wings and a Happy Hour cheese quesadilla, I expected the boneless wings to come first, but instead the quesadilla was the first order to be delivered, The service was very slow, it must have taken an easy 15 minutes for the quesadillas to arrive, they cost $3.50. The small plate contained four quesadillas, quacamole, sour cream and salsa. These looked like they had been scooped out of a drum with a small ice cream scoop. They were warm in temperature, but not hot and were so-so, I ate three out of the four and left one behind.
In the meantime, there was no sign of the boneless wings. I figured that if they failed to show up I would have them take the $5 charge from the bill. After about 20 minutes, a second bar tender came up to me and asked if everything was all right. I told him the chicken wings never showed up and he came with them about five minutes later. Again, nothing special. The meat was tough and stringy and the coating tasted like something they had just dipped them in as an after thought. They were tasteless. The order consisted of about 10 wings, I ate four and gave up trying to eat more.
Note: Even though the personnel at the Holiday Inn directed me to the Bar Louie and said they ate there all the time, the Holiday Inn itself was very nice. I will post another report on the hotel.

• Visited January 2014
McHenry, Illinois
“Suprised”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Decided to try this place for lunch and was really surprised at how good the service and food was. We have the shrimp skewer appetizer and then I had the fish tacos. Just the right amount of spice with great flavor. Price was very reasonable as well.

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Prices”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

A lot Specials great services and fair prices. Very Clean and well run. Good seating and TV to watch sporting events

Visited December 2013