“Nice Eatery”

Le Peep Cafe
Ranked #19 of 146 Restaurants in Mount Prospect
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: LePeep is a breakfast, brunch, lunch restaurant,open 7 days a week from 7 to 2:30P.M. The location in Mt. Prospect, Il is also open for dinner until 8:30pm Tuesday - Saturday.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family enjoyed large portions and good service at this restaurant. The price was right and the space was well organized for the amount of room. A colorful interior gave way to the thriving metropolis of downtown right outside the front door! My only complaint was that I ordered a $6 Frozen Peach Bellini and was served in a 6 oz glass full of ice with hardly any liquor! If I visit again, it will be for the food.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I try to eat here every time that I am in the area. Staff is always friendly and the food is consistently good. Zi have tried other locations of this same chain and they were not as good. This one had a special touch. Give it a try.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went here for a brunch after my friend got married. My friend had placed a reservation for 20, but we only ended up having 14. They didn't have a table ready, and they didn't seem to know what to do with all of us even though they had a heads up. We were seated at different table sections, but we were close to each other. That was fine. I had the pancakes which were cold. An egg scrambled which...was this an egg? I guess they don't use real eggs if you ask for them scrambled. They were the powdered eggs or some fake egg crap that I have never seen before. Horrible! The bacon was crispy and good. The biggest problem was my boyfriend's order. They forgot it in the kitchen or something. The rest of our table had our food, and we were almost done eating when my boyfriend approached the kitchen after numerous attempts to flag down our waiter. Then, when they brought his meal out it was the wrong one! So, he had to wait to get the right one, and when he did his food was cold (thus why we thought it was probably sitting out back in the kitchen). Our waiter never apologized, but the waitress for the other group of tables that were in our group apologized. Also, our waiter watched as one of our friends had a heck of a time getting mustard out of the container. Instead of getting her a new one, he watched her fight with the bottle. After she had succeeded in getting the mustard out, he came over and said he was watching her struggle with it and was wondering if she got it. What a jerk!! I'm not sure why when he saw her struggling with it that he didn't just get her another bottle. Anyways, they did comp my boyfriend's meal since they botched that up. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, and I definitely will not be back!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

A great breakfast and lunch restaurant that is located in the heart of downtown Mount Prospect across the street from the Mount Prospect Metra Train Station. This is a surefire bet for a high quality meal at reasonable northwest suburban Chicago prices. The atmosphere at Le Peep is fun and the restaurant itself is simple but cozy. The food is always served temperature appropriate and is of excellent quality. The menu is fairly broad with breakfast served all day. This restaurant is not open for dinner and closes mid-afternoon 7 days a week. Service is usually quite good and the servers and support staff are quite personable. Le Peep is a great place to go for breakfast of lunch and they really cater to families. If you go on a Saturday or Sunday morning, especially after 9:00 A.M. be prepared for some wait - no reservations are accepted so it is first come - first served.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We love the 18-wheeler, meat, eggs, pancakes = 1 full tummy! I've also tried their specials, french toast, omelettes. Staff is friendly. They have a frequent diner card so make sure you get your punches on the way out, 1 per $10 spent.