“Very Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Newer hotel next to a great mall. Heated garage parking. Very clean rooms. Helpful staff. The front desk gave us a late checkout of 1pm instead of 11am so the girls in our group could swim a little longer. Thank you!!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a nice hotel! The room was clean and had plenty of space. The bed was comfy and I was happy to see a nice crisp laundered duvet rather than a questionable bedspread. My room was at the end of the hall and very quiet. There is a secure parking garage below the hotel which was nice as it was a cold winter night! It is located in an outdoor mall type area so there are many shops and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ryan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear MeTravel2U,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities we have around our hotel including our private hotel parking garage. It is especially useful over the winter months! We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,
Ryan McKenzie

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great location with a shopping mall and food in walking distance from the hotel.The hotel was clean, quiet and friendly. Great value with nicely appointed rooms, amenities and breakfast included. Having hot beverages, fruit and cookies is a nice feature when traveling. Underground parking structure which was secure and removed us from the elements.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had requested a cot for our stay. Upon arriving there was no cot but the staff quickly gave us a bigger/better room! Now we had enough beds for everyone. Also they were very accomidating with any request we had! Great staff - this is how customer service should be!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here just for a day as a stop in our travel. The hotel was really great. It is surrounded by shops. There is a chic-fil-a close by, which my daughter loves. Mitsuwa is about 10-15 minutes away. Chicago O'Hare is about 10-15 min away. The rooms were clean. There is covered parking under the building which was great since it was raining when we arrived. The shower was really weak, but all I could think of is staying at this hotel next time around.

Unfortunately, the next day, a Saturday, our checkout day, the cleaning lady tried to enter our room while we were sleeping. We heard the door open and was startled. She was able to open the dead bolt. The only thing that stopped her was the bar lock above. She then left the door like that, partially opened.

I called the front desk and informed what just happened. I asked if they let housekeeping know who has actually checked out. The response is that housekeeping does their own thing. He asked me what the lady looked like. So I caught up with the lady about 6 doors down. I told her she woke us up when trying to open it. I called front desk again and described the lady to him. The front desk said, it must be some confusion.

The hotel was not busy. We booked this room a day before we arrived. The parking garage had about 5 cars at most.

Will I stay here again. I don't know. All I can think of is what if we were not in the room? What would this cleaning lady have done? Our DO NOT DISTURB sign was on the door, so who knows what she intended to do.

Plus the response that housekeeping does their own thing does not sit well with me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Ryan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear pmmom,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that rest was interrupted due to our housekeeping staff cleaning your room early in the morning. Additionally our Front Desk staff certainly should've handled this issue differently. I will be reviewing your comments with both departments to assist in the continued training of our team. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Our guest's comfort is our main concern. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

We certainly hope to have another opportunity to serve you when you return to Mt. Prospect. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your stay goes as it should have the first time. In the meantime feel free to contact me with any further questions, requests or concerns.

Warm Regards,
Ryan McKenzie

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel is all kinds of awesome. The Hampton Inn and Suite Mount Prospect is clean, has a good breakfast and great location if you are just looking for a staycation, conference location or just fun.

The hotel is located in a mall, so you can go to the movies do a little shopping and eat at a nice restaurant or go to the grocery store and bring something back to your room.
We actually did an anniversary getaway here. The suite is huge the bed is so nice and we had such a great time.

I recommend this hotel for everyone. You will enjoy your time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator (especially if traveling with kids) because the walk from the e...