“Wish I could rate higher”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Boston
“Wish I could rate higher”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here just for a day as a stop in our travel. The hotel was really great. It is surrounded by shops. There is a chic-fil-a close by, which my daughter loves. Mitsuwa is about 10-15 minutes away. Chicago O'Hare is about 10-15 min away. The rooms were clean. There is covered parking under the building which was great since it was raining when we arrived. The shower was really weak, but all I could think of is staying at this hotel next time around.

Unfortunately, the next day, a Saturday, our checkout day, the cleaning lady tried to enter our room while we were sleeping. We heard the door open and was startled. She was able to open the dead bolt. The only thing that stopped her was the bar lock above. She then left the door like that, partially opened.

I called the front desk and informed what just happened. I asked if they let housekeeping know who has actually checked out. The response is that housekeeping does their own thing. He asked me what the lady looked like. So I caught up with the lady about 6 doors down. I told her she woke us up when trying to open it. I called front desk again and described the lady to him. The front desk said, it must be some confusion.

The hotel was not busy. We booked this room a day before we arrived. The parking garage had about 5 cars at most.

Will I stay here again. I don't know. All I can think of is what if we were not in the room? What would this cleaning lady have done? Our DO NOT DISTURB sign was on the door, so who knows what she intended to do.

Plus the response that housekeeping does their own thing does not sit well with me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ryan M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear pmmom,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that rest was interrupted due to our housekeeping staff cleaning your room early in the morning. Additionally our Front Desk staff certainly should've handled this issue differently. I will be reviewing your comments with both departments to assist in the continued training of our team. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Our guest's comfort is our main concern. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

We certainly hope to have another opportunity to serve you when you return to Mt. Prospect. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your stay goes as it should have the first time. In the meantime feel free to contact me with any further questions, requests or concerns.

Warm Regards,
Ryan McKenzie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel is all kinds of awesome. The Hampton Inn and Suite Mount Prospect is clean, has a good breakfast and great location if you are just looking for a staycation, conference location or just fun.

The hotel is located in a mall, so you can go to the movies do a little shopping and eat at a nice restaurant or go to the grocery store and bring something back to your room.
We actually did an anniversary getaway here. The suite is huge the bed is so nice and we had such a great time.

I recommend this hotel for everyone. You will enjoy your time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator (especially if traveling with kids) because the walk from the e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bloomington,mn
Reviewed January 6, 2014

So nice not to have to remove the bread spread. Bed and bedding were wonderfully comfortable. Plenty of hooks in the spacious bathroom. Free breakfast but few healthy choices. Fitness room was ok. Underground parking was a huge plus with -50 wind chill.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were treated like kings. Upon arrival we were told our room was unavailable due to a broken window. They had already switched us to a better room. Hotel was perfect. The pool, breakfast buffet and convenience store were clean and had just what we needed. Location is great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Mount Prospect, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is new, very clean and the staff is outstanding. What a hidden gem it is at Randhurst Mall in Mount Prospect! It a great value... the breakfast alone was totally worth staying the night. My kids loved the pool and we enjoyed relaxing in the hotel lobby.

Powell, Tennessee
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was in Chicago for a downtown conference but needed to stop by the northern suburbs and choose to split the difference and was extremely pleased with choice. The facility fits well with the clean and classy feel of the shops and restaurants of Randhurst Village (which was festively decorated for Christmas). The interior maintained the same high standard - warm and welcoming, as were the staff. The gated indoor parking garage put a bow on the package. All in all I felt as if I were lodging on the Miracle mile (with a significantly lower bill and free breakfast).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Right in the middle of the Randhurst Village Shopping Mall - close to shopping and restaurants. Clean, comfortable rooms; Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel breakfast was always good with plenty of variety. Underground garage parking -- heated! which was great for December in the Chicago area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Schaumburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect? Share your experiences!